Where can I find samples like this?

JixxerBeats

Title says it all, I'm looking for smooth / spacey / dreamy / jazzy / jingly music to sample. Any suggestions are appreciated as I have no idea what kind of genres to dig around in.

Ex.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can always take the artist and song name and throw them into Pandora, which will play a bunch of similar stuff you might like.

Well the Stalley record sounds like Perigeo-Via Beato Angelico
The mick jenkins is a dexter wansel record
Idk about the last one. The beat general gave a great idea. soul/funk/jazz/rnb/rock are commonly sampled. Drake for instance samples really new shit. Remember ANY song can be flipped, some are simple others are hard. But for now, I suggest going to the flip this forum and checking out those samples.

I would highly advise listening to Flying Lotus and going to whosampled.com and see if you can get a good idea of the specific genre or "area" of music you can flip.

The last one is jazz vibraphone-- I'd check out artists like Bobby Hutcherson and Roy Ayers.

The first two feature Fender Rhodes/Wurlitzer-type electric piano, so that could be any jazz, soul, r&b, fusion, or Latin material from the 60's through the 80's.

GJ

Garry Burton also for the vibraphone

for the others I am minded of

Dave Grusin "Friends and Strangers" and similar albums, also Bob James, return to forever (crystal silence), Herb Alpert (rise), chuck mangione, santana (late 70's early 80's - zebop and havana moon and the swing of delight), miles davis "B!tches brew" and tehrefore herbie hancock, chick corea and John mclachlan

There's a really good pod-cast called, ' groove cafe aperitif'. They play a lot of the original jazz, lounge, samba and similar styles. You are guaranteed to find something to chop up on one of the pod-casts... I have ;)

The last one is jazz vibraphone-- I'd check out artists like Bobby Hutcherson and Roy Ayers.

The first two feature Fender Rhodes/Wurlitzer-type electric piano, so that could be any jazz, soul, r&b, fusion, or Latin material from the 60's through the 80's.

GJ

I've looked into both of them, a lot of people seem to sample from them. Thanks for the instrument do you know of any specific artists that use that instrument primarily?

If you're lookin for artists try some Wendell Harrison, Aged In Harmony, Dee Edwards.. artists like that usually have that smooth sound you're lookin for.

Back