Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Favorite Genre To Sample?

Thanks

Whats Your Favorite Genre To Sample?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I personally like to sample songs from movies, cartoon ect, Soul music of course, and classic rock. What genre do you guys tend to lean toward when sampling?

Thanks
    Soul music cause that's the sound i'm trying to bring back with my beats. I truely believe Soul music is the best music genre of all time.
    -

Thanks
    Personnaly, i sampled a lot from cartoons.
    Learn, collaborate & share your music : studous.com

Thanks
    I love sampling anything but sampling jazz instrumentals from the 1930s-40s really tugs at my heart strings

Thanks
    Soul music and Jazz music are the main ingredient. But when i'm feeling adventurous I like to try New Age or ambient (Enya type piano music, celtic music, neo-classical etc). or some like French accordion music, or some cheezy Kenny Loggins/Michael Mcdonald era 'yacht rock' and 'easy listening' records have good cuts in the slower songs. Sad folk music, particularly with female vocals can have some real gems. I also think about all those 60s psychedelic bands in the style of the Beatles, the Who, the Beach Boys, the Zombies who experimented with sounds and recording techniques.. Oh and Soundtrack scores. particuarly from the 1960s-1980s.John Barry, Ennio Morricone etc.

Thanks
    I like stuff without music but with action and weird sounds. I like the music of the mundane act of coughing while closing a door.

Thanks
    Jazz is bread and butter. It's very rare I touch Soul music, because everyone does it and most of it is sampled already. I started out doing Soul, but quickly went with Jazz. I like Latin music and obscure soundtracks as well. And Japanese of course.

Thanks
    Naruto stuff goes well tho

Thanks
    I love sampling from movies but lately I am obsessed with just recording a conversation, find a couple of words that sound good and pitching/distorting them to fit my track.

As for sampling music, my go to is jazz - no doubt!!!

Thanks
    Lately I am into sampling acoutsic guitar parts of some of my favorite metal bands and filtering it until I get a cool sound.

Thread Information