What are those snap sounding clap/snare drums called and where can I find them?

google "drum samples" or "free drum sample pack" or something, you'll find hundreds of drum hits and will probably find what you're looking for. or if you can find it clean in a song pull it off that.

I have like 50000 drum samples or something haha. I am just wondering what that kind of snare is called. It's the one that sounds like a snap more than a clap

it's called layering :berzerk: it's a snare and a clap together... works wonders for kicks too. Stick a snare on your kick, truncate your snare , then adjust the volumes so it sounds right, compress and voila!

There are drum collections where this sound he speaks of could exist without layering. I'm almost convinced he's talking about that stock clap in FL/Triton(R.Kelly's Fiesta Remix and Roots/ Next Movement)...But we won't know where to point him without an audio example.

It's a layered snare + clap. Although there are some drum kits out there that have it already mixed down as a single .WAV file. Check out Lex Luger's drum kit or Shawty Redd's. Pretty sure Zaytoven has one or two as well.

Back