What Mpc you got?

Can someone please tell me how the hell timestretch on the MPC1000 works? Whenever I timestretch I just do it through soundforge cause thats what im used to, but doing it on the 1000 would be so much easier. An example would be, I have a 4 bar sample. Chop it into quarter bars so its 16 pads for the original 4 bar sample. How do i timestretch them all to be the same length? I cant figure out how to do it, cause whenever i use the timestretch on the mpc the samples come out mad distorted.

I think thats a bust.......

mg_88 said:
Can someone please tell me how the hell timestretch on the MPC1000 works? Whenever I timestretch I just do it through soundforge cause thats what im used to, but doing it on the 1000 would be so much easier. An example would be, I have a 4 bar sample. Chop it into quarter bars so its 16 pads for the original 4 bar sample. How do i timestretch them all to be the same length? I cant figure out how to do it, cause whenever i use the timestretch on the mpc the samples come out mad distorted.

Yo I think thats a bust...but anywho..how its "supposed to work"...you go to trim mode (pull up your sample)...select edit for "sample edit"...use the data wheel to select "time stretch"...make your adjustments there...I only say its a bust because there are things I'm still working on and have not mastered them to my liking (such as what you are saying)...there are also time stretch presets to tweak your sample...the 1000 is also supposed to "detect tempo"...its all in the manual (if you don't have one, get one)...the learning curve isn't that bad :::scratching head::::but then again, i'm not smashin' chopped tracks like the heatmakers...I would google mpc 1000 under video and you'll get a few decent vids on "how to...."...on the other hand...whats easy anyway...I still chop samples on my computer...I still buy mpc drum kits, although the worst I've gotten is from abstract...I want to try them again but you know how that is, if you stick your hand in the dog house and get bit...why stick the other hand in)

I got the 2000XL. I'm more than satisified with my joint. I just jumped into a relationship with reason not too long ago, but i'm not giving up the MP!:cheers:

Last edited:
I just got the 2500 last year and really like it! I started with reason, and still use it for some things, but I like the hardware a lot better!

Got the 60II today...OS needs to be upgraded soon though. ****'s so intuitive - I had the basic functions down in about fifteen minutes, sans manual.

BlackImpact: "My new 2000XL is my most cherished posession. I love that more than my girl."

BoogieMatic: "Shhhhhh, you're supposed to think it not say it!" :cheers:

Well, at a time like now, my MPC is more clearly responsive than her. Plus it don't say no... Ha ha ha.

"What is a Dj if he can't scratch?"

A very itchy individual I guess.
Peace
S II

Last edited:
1k boi. I can't wait to get home and hook it up to my new Lexicon interface that I just copped yesterday. I will be recording crystal clear.

Back