Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does "chopping" mean?

Thanks

What does "chopping" mean?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I hear of people talking about chopping. Is it basically cutting a song into different pieces and basically rearranging it to make a different sounding beat, yet you're using the same song except "chopped" up and re-arranged so it sounds different?

Thanks
    When you chop a sample it means when you switch parts of the sample into different parts its really self explanatory.

Thanks
    Yeah, so basically what I just said....? That doesn't really help just by saying self-explanatory, why would I have took the time to make a thread if I already understood it? Obviously, I did not know for sure so I'm asking.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Enndee
    When you chop a sample it means when you switch parts of the sample into different parts its really self explanatory.
    you just partitally described flipping.

Chopping is just disecting the song you're sampling so all you have is the part or parts you want to use from that track

(going in deeper)
    Then you slice it, into smaller parts, but those arent seperate audio files like your chops. The slices are basically just cut sections.

Using those cut sections you can easily change the tempo or pitch without affecting the other, you can flip it, or whatever

Thanks
    So basically what I described sort of?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yungRC
    So basically what I described sort of?
    these guys are just trying to sound like they know exactly what's going on, but when u look in the dictionary, it's not there. it's exactly what u think it is dude, just like u said in ur first post. if u take a sample and cut out a 1 beat, that beat is a now a chop. you'll hear producers or beatmakers saying yo check how i arranged my chops or you need to clean up your chops, those individual beats u take out of the sample are your chops, plain and simple.
    [COLOR="Red"]www.myspace.com/8kenbeats[/COLOR]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnAudrey
    these guys are just trying to sound like they know exactly what's going on
    He ask, the other guy, IMO, didnt really explain it well, so I told him. Simple as that.

Oh and no, its not in the dictionary, why would you even think of something like that. ?_?

Thanks
    where's ur beats fool?

Quote Originally Posted by lion-ucs
    He ask, the other guy, IMO, didnt really explain it well, so I told him. Simple as that.

Oh and no, its not in the dictionary, why would you even think of something like that. ?_?
    nobodys looking in the dictionary you idiot, its an analogy cause the way u were exapling the chops and slicing as if u got the information from somewhere. get it? there is no right answer, u just make **** up and play it off like u got it from the great producers dictionary. the dude already had the right idea leave it at that. do u understand that? or should i break it down into steps for you?
    Last edited by BigJohnAudrey; 07-07-2007 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [COLOR="Red"]www.myspace.com/8kenbeats[/COLOR]

Thanks
    My god this is a retarded thread...

Thanks
    lmao^^^thats what im sayin
    Substance & Style

Thread Information