Weekly Beat Battles!!

mmahan40

Well, since THETRUTH is no longer hosting them, and it's been well over a month, I figure it's time to bring it back.

But.

There is a twist.

I wanna do a weekly FP all original beat battle, no sampling anything that you didn't create on your own.

I'm also down to bring the samples back.

Lets get this section bumpin again.

Who's down?

-Acestramental

im down..but when it comes to composing and composing battles..ima warn everybody about evil needle lol...since most of us are strictly samplers.

Last edited by a moderator:
ill do it for the samples, cant hurt to have two seperate, one composed and other sampled... i havent been here long so idk how it all works here tho

What are the rules (never battled before) and can we sample with instruments instead of the the samples themselves

im down..but when it comes to composing and composing battles..ima warn everybody about evil needle lol...since most of us are strictly samplers.

Haha yea evil does good ish no doubt.

As far as rules go, it will be the same as the old battles.

Upload your song anonymously, by pming me a link for divshare, mediafire etc, I post the songs, and people vote.

Original composition battles: you can sample, but you can only sample things that you have created on your own, and own the rights to. For most situations, this information is pretty irrelevant, but noteworthy nonetheless.

Sampling battles: Chop, pitch, screw, etc to your little hearts desire. Put yo special sauce on that ish.

START DATE TBA

:bat:

Yeah I'm down but realize also that composed beats are really sampled beats anyway in hip-hop world, composing would mean recording actual instruments with mics and then chopping it or leaving it looped, these days everything is sampled sounds. I usually sample but by the time you chop it to shit and key it out in different patterns it's the same as what rap calls composed anyway, actually it's probably harder than a composed samples because of the time it takes to chop your own, I got a nice glow going but you know what I mean. I like doing either or so it makes no difference but to me sampled beats are actually harder than keying out pre chopped sample sounds.

Back