USB Turntable problem

WestCoaster

Watsup FP,
Im having a problem getting good output from my turntable into edison. it comes with software which gives good quality but it coverts it into an mp3 and i was wondering if that would defeat the whole purpose of using vinyl?

Are you not able to change the file format it saves as? My software gives me .wav and .mp3 as options.

Otherwise, you can use your recording DAW as you would to record vocals, but change your recording source to the USB turntable. From there, you can save to whatever format you wish!

Nah it just converts to mp3 automatically... If I bought an external sound card do u think that would help the quality?

Have you tried recording it into your DAW? The USB device should come up as a recording device. I use Adobe Audition to do that, than save the file as a .wav

Don't think it's necessary to get an external card for that purpose considering the audio is being transmitted by USB. Unless you can plug it in with RCA-to-Quarter inch on that card instead of USB.

i tried to record into edison in fl but it sounds like shit.... i have no problem buying an external sound card if that would help the quality of my beats... im using a Toshiba laptop idk if the sound card is good quality or not

i tried to record into edison in fl but it sounds like shit.... i have no problem buying an external sound card if that would help the quality of my beats... im using a Toshiba laptop idk if the sound card is good quality or not

Probably isn't as good as you seem to want it to be. Think about investing in an external sound card or audio interface when you're able, for now I'd say use the advice you've gotten already in trying to record into other programs so you can get wavs, but don't worry so much about the quality as learning what to sample and how to flip it, nahmean?

Get smart today, get rich tomorrow.

As long as the MP3 is 192kbps or above, the quality isn't being hurt as much as the actual turntable is hurting it. Vinyl's don't require high samplerates to sound good. If it's recording to 320kbps (which it probably is) I highly doubt you would ever hear a difference.

Post a sample of it.

Last edited:
Back