Tutorial: How to find the tempo of samples aka counting bars

Xabiton

Cupcake God
Someone from here asked about how to count bars in my video about chopping samples so I thought I would add this to help someone out.

Finding the tempo:

Play the song, open up tap tempo, and tap to the beat of the song, bam. :cool:

This was helpful dude

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Thanks again

if you have FL studio or an MPC with tap tempo, all you need to do is have your sample playing in the background and pull up the tap tempo. just play along to the beat on your midi controller or by clicking the center button and the tempo should be right. I usually hit it until it is on the same tempo for 4 or 5 hits.

and if each beat is a different tempo (happens when you play live), use the average tempo and hope that nothing sounds too off??

i'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but im specifically referring to making a sampled beat and how to get the project tempo to match the tempo of the sample.

seriously you do not get it

- when a track is played in the studio or on stage there is some variability in the length of each beat this is natural and human

- using a technique like tap tempo only goes towards finding the average tempo not the tempo per beat which in some situations is preferable (knowing how the tempo shifts per beat)

- early MIDI sequencing that was done by mousing used a humanising technique of applying variable tempo on a beat by beat basis +/- 2 bpm per beat to synthesise the concept of a human feel

if you have FL studio or an MPC with tap tempo, all you need to do is have your sample playing in the background and pull up the tap tempo. just play along to the beat on your midi controller or by clicking the center button and the tempo should be right. I usually hit it until it is on the same tempo for 4 or 5 hits.

Easiest way to do it bruh.Keep doing it how you're doing it.
Most of us do the same thing.

Peace

Back