Speeding Up Samples

WestCoaster

I have a question about speeding up samples. How do most producers get those good loops and still make it sound like the original loop without speeding up samples or making them sound too sped up?

Works other way too, speed sample up and shift pitch down. Otherwise Ableton Live has a great warping feature for doing that. There's bound to be free plugins out there that can do this. Another work around is the Traktor DJ software which can speed up and slow down all while nicely keeping the original pitch. Just depends on the program's algorithm.

isnt that just time streching if so, in logic all you do is set the markers to certain length you want the clip to be streched to for example 1 bar then go to "audio" then scroll down to "time strech to region locaters".

If I want to do that I just stretch the sample to fit into certain a certain number of bars, and then just play around with the tempo till I get it to sound like what I want.

yeah pitch shifter on Fl is a god send when it comes to this problem you can speed up the sample and keep the same pitch it had origanally

Back