Sounds

M

MarcusAurelius

Two part question here.

1. Just looking for some pro advice on how to get the best sounds. A hot track has to have hot sounds or else no amount of eq/mixing will help it, right?

How do you guys go about getting the best sounds for your tracks? I know alot of kats make their sounds, but I am not at the stage yet.

I'm assuming free downloads will be "get what you pay for" and I am not intersted in that.

What are some names of sample CD's or sound banks that have produced some of the best currents sounds, drums.. bass etc?

2. Also, how do you go about successfully sampling a sound that you like, say bass or snare in a song?

Nine times out of ten there is a vocal or hi hat or something playing over the sound you like making it impossible to sample clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know kats do this with MPC's all the time. Snag a kick or hi hat, or just a guitar lick to use in the song construction.

Can someone please help me?

haha where did u get the "9 times out of 10" ratio for vocals over sounds ? The trick is finding breaks from the vocals in the song itself. Its not hard in most songs to single out at least 1 single shot minus vocals. but if its impossible to and its a must have sound, one would try to filter and mess with the eq levels to drown out the vocals as much as possible.

Ive actually found lots of really good quality sounds over the years that we're free downloads online. Soundfonts are also pletntiful online for feedownloads and usually will be nice addtions to your collection.

Back