Sampling turns into Composing

THETRUTH- kaw

okay ive been sampling for bout 8 years already an basically throwing in the towel when comes to sampling dont get me wrong the art is a journey in itself to find yourself as a person . Well iI came to the conclusion that composing is way more gratifying then sampling . It all comes down to originality as much as u want to be the next 9th wonder on flstudio or the next preemo on the mpc 2000 or the 1st dj babu on reason it all boiles down to composing . As much as sampling is an art it kinda lacks alot of musical knoledge that alot of us samplers tend to brush off cause basically it seperates the ordinary beat makers from the more hands on approach of a well rounded producer who crafts music more so jus simply choping a segment out of music an recreating it into somthing more authentic which is not original cause of the fact that the sound u created was already created . My point is- it is better for an arranger to compose his music BECAUSE HE sees his vision opposed to using some1 elses leftovers -leftovers meaning it was never original - cause if you were to arrange it would have more of a value then knowing in the back of your head it was'nt a 100% your idea thats why?

its good cause i ve sold all my equpiment an jus sticking to fl studio an my vst's an jus making composed beats - at thee end result all- if u compose original beats the more of a quality u have rather then being like every 1 else

sampling is dieing slowly youll see in the future the sp1200 well be seen behind a glass counter with a sign saying' this is the 1st 10 sec sampler that takes an hour to make a beat onn..lol

Last edited:
cool+story+bro

its jus a fact after a long period of time , if u wanna be good thats u brahh but i wanna b great an i want all these cats with potienal to step up there game aswell. I m not trying to belittle the artform or its esthetic , im just looking it at it at the long runn.

clear example of a sampler turned composer- DR .DRE -THE CRHONIC -album to 2001 chronic .dr. doesnt make beats he visions them .TIMBALAND is a bigg sampler and composer -FARRELL from neptunes jus to name a few ..

this should be a sign rather then an upset ..

its time for the samplers to step there composing came up ..

its jus a fact after a long period of time , if u wanna be good thats u brahh but i wanna b great an i want all these cats with potienal to step up there game aswell. I m not trying to belittle the artform or its esthetic , im just looking it at it at the long runn.

clear example of a sampler turned composer- DR .DRE -THE CRHONIC -album to 2001 chronic .dr. doesnt make beats he visions them .TIMBALAND is a bigg sampler and composer -FARRELL from neptunes jus to name a few ..

this should be a sign rather then an upset ..

its time for the samplers to step there composing came up ..
Pharell never stopped sampling he just mostly replays them. Timbo has always sampled and 90% of chronic 2001 is sampled. I get what you're trying to say but I think you're going at it the wrong way. Make music you love because you love it there's an audience for everything. I've always been a composer I took on sampling 2 or 3 years into making beats and I think sampling has helped me become a better composer to be totally honest.

dont get me wrong the majority of what i know is sampling im jus letting u my point of view . Theres not alot of money being made when it comes to sampling . At the end of it all you must at least try to make something come out of it , if its not rappen on your own material or jus collabin helps .. Basically jus try composing a beat an youll understand how hard it really is to make quality music thats your own .. sampling has to take a back seat eventually its sad to say . Inn reality there are too many uncverd dope albums cause of the fact that you have to get samples cleared an that in its self messes everything up point blank ..sample clearance is a must thou ...

r mccormack - heres a beat I made it jus alot more time to arrange ..
madbeats
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10869496

Last edited:
do whatever suits you..i love composing aswell but there's nothing doper to me than diggin for a sample and then flippin it to make a beat..its what i love best like you do composing.

dont get me wrong the majority of what i know is sampling im jus letting u my point of view . Theres not alot of money being made when it comes to sampling . At the end of it all you must at least try to make something come out of it , if its not rappen on your own material or jus collabin helps .. Basically jus try composing a beat an youll understand how hard it really is to make quality music thats your own .. sampling has to take a back seat eventually its sad to say . Inn reality there are too many uncverd dope albums cause of the fact that you have to get samples cleared an that in its self messes everything up point blank ..sample clearance is a must thou ...

r mccormack - heres a beat I made it jus alot more time to arrange ..
madbeats
SoundClick artist: THE TRUTH 818 - page with MP3 music downloads

After talking about sampling not being original and talking about it not being 100% your idea you post a "composed" beat that most of Soundclick already make.

i think 1/2 of soundclick producers are just plain wack.
some have good melodies but most of them just use weak 808 drums.

music is to inspire -whateva type it is , an your jus swaying my words round . no hard feeling s.

all im saying is sampling turns into composing ..

Back