Sampling Help Please !!!!!!!!!!!!

WayToSick

ok i got a bunch of records and i want to sample them would i need to buy 2 turntables or could i use just 1...and what do i hook it up to so i can sample it

it dependz man, all on if you decide to incorp. a DJ style to your flow, if not then a good cartridge and needle and a single table would be proficient in your attempts,
and don't forget about a possible mixer or preamp for the table(s)

if you want the DJ style then, your need to also consider a fair quality mixer with a decent fader, as well as fair quailty needles and carts, aight mayne?

How dirty you want ya sample to be. If you want high quailty then get a high end table. Or get you a cheap table. If I can recall Numark make a nice table that cost efficent for what you want to do. I sample off cd a lot. I jst dirty the sample up myself.

http://www.soundclick.com/beatassassin

Last edited:
i feel better getting pretty much all my samples off vinyl.

anyways, 1 table is all your going to need. any mixer that can power the table will do. I use a Stanton STR8-100 table and it works great. You can pick up a STR8-80, which is just the next model down but does the same job if your mearly sampling,for under 200 easily.

the trick is get a quality needle, keep it clean and clean your vinyl.

I've got the Numark TT-200 (only one) with the CX-1 cartridge and it works great. You should get a mixer along with your turntable; you can always take advantage of extra inputs down the road.

to clarify: you only need one table and a cheap dj mixer.

the cheaper the table, the worse(or grimier) it will sound.

Back