Sample and Sound Pack download files....????

Chew_Bear

As most of you guys already know from my previous posts and threads...I spent about 3 days downloading about 18 gb's worth of free samples. Mostly drum kits, one-shots, FX, loops and instruments. A couple of these sound packs were meant for use in Ableton, Maschine and NI Kontakt/Battery and other samplers/sequencers.

When I was organizing and renaming files/folders from all these sound packs...I pretty much DELETED everything and anything that was NOT a WAV or AIFF file.

EVERYTHING! Mostly a lot of word, PDF and other files with extensions...: .ASD, .DS_STORE, .ALS, .NIK and some other ones.

Well...here I am going thru a couple more sound packs and I read something about keeping the FILE FOLDER STRUCTURE IN-TACT and to not change it. Also started reading about Ableton Drum Racks and NI Battery/Kontakt and which files they need in order to function.

Are you freaking KIDDING ME!!!

1. Did I need all those files above with the 'weird extension' names...??? This pretty much means that I downloaded ALL those samples for nothing since they are meant to be used in a certain drum rack or workflow with the attached files right...???

2. Does this mean I have to put in EXTRA WORK when creating drum racks in Ableton or loading samples into Maschine and Battery/Kontakt since I don't have those files...???

HELP...?!?!?

The .DS_STORE files are invisible temp files that MacOS uses; those can be safely deleted, but everything else should probably be NOT deleted. I'm guess that the .NIK files are Native Instruments Kontact files.

Back