Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reason drum sounds???

Thanks

reason drum sounds???

Sign in to disable this ad
    aight I remember one time someone gave me negative feedback on a beat i made and one thing they said was that it was too easy to tell my drums were from reason

why is this a problem??? is it cuz they dont think reason stock sounds sound that good since a program aint gonna provide you with hot drums? or do they actually just not sound that good

just curious, thanks for any feedback

Thanks
    IMO they don't sound that good for the most part. in 3.0 they have a a few new Hip Hop drum kits i think number 2 has some nice sounds. other than that they are all pretty wack. i used to make beats with Reason drums because i had no other sounds but now i got new drums i can tell the difference. it just makes the whole beat sound a lot better.

Thanks
    The Dr. Rex drum loops got some good sounds, the Hip Hop kit 1's. I'll be positive about it.

Thanks
    yea the dr rex drum lops are tight you just gotta play them on a keyboard or something instead of using the Redrum

Thanks
    Yeah I reckon the drums in reason generally sound wack. You can say that there are some drums that sound good, but they doan compete with proper drums. I used to use reason drums when all I had was reason drums an you can get away with it if you fck with them a lot, but you can't have all your drums sounding fckd. I think the main problem is they are all very clean and don't sit together to feel like a proper loop. Anyway thats my opinion, some people like that style of drums, but I doan.

BTW I reckon getting drums to sound good is problee the hardest part of sampling to master an get right. It took me years to finally be happy with the way my drums sounded, an its the part of a track people will instantly have an opinion on. Most people can get a nice sounding loop but ruin it by having sht drums...

Thanks
    Get your hands on some Motif/Triton type drums and sample your own drums (or buy sampled drums on CD... like vinylistics). Then layer them and adjust them to however u want them to sound. I like doing this cuz I still have the gritty sample and the synth drums give it more punch.

Thanks

Reason Drums...

See this is why engineering even on a basic level is important. Dig it the trick is the effects. You can take the stock drums and run them through the MClass if it's 3.0 and use various eqs, filters and compressors pretty much all kinds of efx tools to shape the sound to your liking. U have to remeber a lot of the records you hear from producers and why they might have a particular sound all boils back to the sonics. They might sample drums from a record but run them through an amp or compressor or limiter. U get the picture. Get involved with using the effects with different combos of racks chained together to get good results. If that does not work for u and u still dislike the stock sounds, email me and we have a nice selection of drums from DRE, Timbo, Jay Dee, etc. plus exclusive packs we created.
    dlgrecord@yahoo.com.

Thanks
    lol^^^holla at you for some kits that's all over the internet....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theproducers1
    email me and we have a nice selection of drums from DRE, Timbo, Jay Dee, etc. plus exclusive packs we created.
    dlgrecord@yahoo.com.

lol, how much are these kits...
    Last edited by JSLmusic; 03-10-2007 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks
    You know it's illegal to sell those kits unless you have permission to do so.

Thread Information