Reason 4 samplers

dkapbeatz

I was wondering who here uses Reason 4. i know we have plenty FL users, and some MPC users. I was a MPC user and switched to reason 4 and love it but still kinda getting used to it for sampling.

I chop in recycle and use Dr. Rex to trigger my samples...(poly to 1 and release all the way up)

I wanted to know if anyone can explain to me how to filter a sample to get a baseline from it in Reason 4. I've never been able to do it. Im guessing use a high pass filter to bring out the lows but Im not sure how to do it in Reason 4..

Thanks

switch the filter mode on your rex player to lp (LOW PASS) 12 or 24, play w the frequency & what not till it sounds right. i usually have a sep dr. rex up w. duplicate samples, just low-passed. and fyi, high-ass REMOVES the lows, doesn't take them out.

i load mine in dr.rex, set filter to notch, put the res all the way up, and the freq all the way down, gives me a good bass :)

I use nn-xt and to get bass out of sample i always add mclass stereo imager, hit solo lo band and then just play with freq hz, and at the end i even add EQ to make it sound better.

hmm, ima have to try ur methods. i eq then use the ecl filter i think its called? saw a method on utube and just messed with it til it worked for me but it doesnt always work out quite right.

I use nn-xt and to get bass out of sample i always add mclass stereo imager, hit solo lo band and then just play with freq hz, and at the end i even add EQ to make it sound better.

seen your post so i thought id **** with the stereo imager, sounds much better, specially when you play around with it lol thanks for that :)

Back