Question about sampling in Ableton...

DavidStarz

So I have some great ideas for a sample I found and I'm trying to chop it up in Ableton, but I'm finding difficulty getting the chops dead on without hearing the chops first in the sequence I have in mind. Is there a way in Ableton to single out and audition the chops I create before I slice them to the new midi track?

I'm not sure I understand your question friend. Are you looking for a way to listen to your sample in ableton before chopping up a desired part of it for sampling?

If I understand you want a way to put ur warp markers in a position where you can audition the chops using a midi keyboard/hardware before you slice to new midi track?

I don't think it's possible, but if I figure it out I'll let you know and if you do let me know please

If I understand you want a way to put ur warp markers in a position where you can audition the chops using a midi keyboard/hardware before you slice to new midi track?

I don't think it's possible, but if I figure it out I'll let you know and if you do let me know please

This. And sounds good man. Will do

Why do you need to preview the sounds? Slice to midi, and adjust your individual slices as necessary to tighten them up. You can adjust the start and/or end point of any slice in each individual sampler after chopped. Then play them as needed. You can preview/play each slice during this whole time while tightening up your chops to where you want them.

learning about the different ways of slicing to midi in ableton could help. The manual or youtube I'm sure has examples.

Last edited:
Honestly... Forget it guy!!! Lol unless you do this. Copy the whole song into your drum rack and then use the start point to find a part of the sample you want to start sampling from. Once you find it, just copy that block with the sample onto another block. Rename the 1st block for neatness. I know it is not what you wanted, but you won't find anything closer to what you wanted to do though. Don't sample like that though. Slice to midi doesn't keep the changes you made while warping the tune

Last edited:
Back