Phono Preamp?

ommyta8

I recently got an MPC1000 as my first piece of equipment for producing sample-based hip hop. I've had it for about two weeks, and I've been sampling from CDs so far because I don't have a turntable. I'm about to get a pretty cheap belt drive turntable strictly for sampling, and I've heard that I need a phono preamp to boost the signal coming into my MPC. I've heard about lots of very expensive phono preamps, but on Ebay there are some going for 20-40 dollars, such as a Pyle Pro one and a McLelland RIAA-80. I'm looking for the cheapest thing that will get the job done right, and I was wondering if these will be alright to use, or if I should buy a more expensive one. I'm not looking for a top-not product, just something that will get the job done.

even with a preamp to link it to the computer, i think u still need somethin to amplify the sound. this is my set up: turntable>>mixer>>preamp>>computer.

the mixer brings that sound up to where u need it so that u can sample. when i connected my turntable directly to my computer all i got was a loud hiss wit the record playing real low. this was done a minute ago so i'm not sure how accurate my info is....but i think im correct.

Back