Pete Rock's "Head Rush"

dandydon

My cousin recorded a song a few years ago with a local producer. It had the same sample Pete used for "Head Rush" w/RZA and GZA on Soul Survivor II. Would anyone happen to know the name of the song/artist of the sample? Him and the producer are not working together anymore and he wanted to make the remake the track using that same sample. (and yes I checked the credits on the CD and its not listed). Thanks for any help on this. Peace.

Jersey8five6 said:
ask Greenburn, he also used that sample

I sampled Mavis Staples...I've been a Pete Rock fan since I heard "The Game" in the mid 90's but I never heard Head Rush until someone that heard the "Cold World" track on my page (scroll down in the myspace player) told me the sample was used before. Pete only used a very very small snippet of the original though. I used alot of vocals from it where he just used the vocal "you". Mine doesn't even compare to his but have a listen.

GreenBurn said:
I sampled Mavis Staples...I've been a Pete Rock fan since I heard "The Game" in the mid 90's but I never heard Head Rush until someone that heard the "Cold World" track on my page (scroll down in the myspace player) told me the sample was used before. Pete only used a very very small snippet of the original though. I used alot of vocals from it where he just used the vocal "you". Mine doesn't even compare to his but have a listen.
You did a good version of it GB. Thanks guys pointing out the origin of that sample. I thought I didn't have the song my cousin recorded but I found it. Here it is. I'm going to redo it for him when I find a vinyl copy.

Last edited:
Back