Opinions on harry fraud?

yeah he's nice.

i just don't understand why he gives action trap beats sometimes tho. doesn't make much sense to me.

I feel like he is a basic sample based producer like anyone else. Without using boom-bap drums he uses more modernized drums if you will..

It's weird I have mixed emotions, I love his music the end result is amazing.
Byrd on a Wire was my favorite beat of 2012 and maybe even Oz's and Lb's.
But yet the sample flip is quite simple, he tend do a lot looping vs actually flipping samples.
If you break down his beats and listen to the orginal sample you'd notice that he loops a lot, it's easy to find the sample. He doesn't chop and manipulate the samples too much.

I think his craft is in his drum programing, but even more the samples he finds and uses. There's nothing wrong with using loops especially when the loop is mad nice, and he does that well. I really like him, I like his sound.

^^^ That's just it, you get a sense that he's overrated because his music is not that complex, I wouldn't even consider his work to be sample flips, but more sample loops.
I often think, man his beats are so simple, but then also at the same type think where did he find and get the idea to use such a nice sample.

I don't know, I'm not really a fan. I think he finds dope samples like bird on a wire and I'm a cokeboy, but I don't really like his execution.
I think most of his sounds sound really cheap, the only song I've heard that doesn't sound as cheap is talib kweli's Upper Echelon.
It's not a problem to have cheap sounds, cause I do really like Day in the life and that snare is just ugly.
I just he's kind of an average producer, some songs i like, some i don't like. I just think he's being way to overhyped.

^^^ True, I like this discussion because he's been on my radar and I listen to his stuff like daily, but I always wonder about his skills and difficulty of his beats.
I think he was blessed to link up with French Montana and get a big single which put him on the map.

^^^ True, I like this discussion because he's been on my radar and I listen to his stuff like daily, but I always wonder about his skills and difficulty of his beats.
I think he was blessed to link up with French Montana and get a big single which put him on the map.

Yeah, it's not like his shit is wack, not at all, but it's just not that good either.

harry fraud is ill, got a unique style..some of his beats are kinda simple when u hear the sample but so long as the end result is dope who gives a **** how he flipped it

He is not doing anything exceptional from what i've heard from him. I think someone like clams is still a better than he is. I guess right time right place

He's innovative, I'll give him that. He's the first dude I've heard make boombap-ish style with 808/909 trap-like drums. Good ear for samples too, but he's just another average cat that's feeding off of a buzz from a hit (Bird on a Wire). Props to his success though.

Harry Fraud is dope. No matter how simple or complex your beats are, dope is dope.

This. Some of the hardest beats tend to be simple. Whats the point of spending hours or days trying to make a beat super complex when in the end its not even really all that dope? I am all for pushing boundaries and trying new things and being creative and testing my skills and what not. But seriously, if I am starting a beat and it is going hard to me even though its simple I tend to just keep it as is unless I feel more needs to be added or done.

This. Some of the hardest beats tend to be simple. Whats the point of spending hours or days trying to make a beat super complex when in the end its not even really all that dope? I am all for pushing boundaries and trying new things and being creative and testing my skills and what not. But seriously, if I am starting a beat and it is going hard to me even though its simple I tend to just keep it as is unless I feel more needs to be added or done.

I agree, some of the hardest beats tend to be simple. Most of the time, simplicity is the key. I'm sure many of us have sampled a loop and no matter what we add to it, just leaving it as a loop with no additions sounds the best. If you haven't experienced that yet, step your digging game up.

Back