Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One thing about sampling

Thanks

One thing about sampling

Sign in to disable this ad
    To all the guys who sample for a long time - would you say sampling is hard or easy? Even though Im new to all this, I think and most important I FEEL that Im starting to get what it's all about. Im not sayin that I mastered the sampling or even that Im good at it - because right now Im not, I just want to say that when you learn HOW to technically sample, it becomes much more easier than you think it is. It's jus couple of things you gotta follow, chop in certain places, arrange it, loop the best part, etc etc.. But after that, when you know the basics - which are not that hard as you might think, the hardest chapter begins - your creativity. Because I think everybody can learn how to sample the song and how to chop it, but only a few can make it sound special and great, and that's why your creativity and your vision is much more important than sampling itself. I played football for a long time and there was saying like this: all the team can play football, but most of the players are just foot-soldiers, and only a few are football ARTISTS. So, the same with the sampling You gotta dedicate to it and think for a bit longer time to make something real intresting.

Im not someone who should learn or give advices since Im just starting, but I just got those few thoughts I wanted to share with you FP

Thanks
    I started out on an old Akai rack sampler and once you have defeated that blue back light in a staring contest it's soul becomes yours.

Thanks
    It isn't easy to make a sample your own.

If someone hears a beat they've never heard before and immediately knows who was behind the production...that is when you know they are doing shit right.
    This land is your land and this land is my land, sure, but the world is run by those that never listen to music anyway" - Bob Dylan

Thanks
    Creativity is important but I think that finding the right samples is very important. I mean you can find a nice sample and work your ass off and make a nice beat or you can find something like that sample from Isley Brothers (It was a good day by Ice Cube), loop it, add some drums and you got a song which has 10 million views on youtube.
    Im gettin my MPC2000xl in a month or something and Ive been practicing on my keyboard and FL studio. Drums arrangament is very important so I intend to put some time in that.

Thanks
    Sampling is hard at first but like anything else, with enough practice it becomes second nature. I started off sampling and still am part of the sampling culture.

Thanks
    practice practice practice

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by im1ufo View Post
    It isn't easy to make a sample your own.

If someone hears a beat they've never heard before and immediately knows who was behind the production...that is when you know they are doing shit right.
    To me that's the easiest thing "making the sample your own"

Thanks
    Everything in life is hard. You just have to practice. In regards to sampling though, the creativity of how you flip the sample I would say is the challenge. Just like your football analogy, anybody can sample, but not everyone can do it at the same level.

Thanks

Thanks
    Sampling isn't really easy IMO.

I can't even count how many times I heard a sample, heard dope flip in my head, when I get down to really sampling the song, doesn't work.

Thread Information