Nintendo midi's

getfresh

Wavetable Bandit
Nintendo music is general midi, so sampling is as easy as just getting the midi's. There are a ton of great rhythmic patterns as well as chord progressions in some of the original game music. As a sampling addict I never pass up the chance to expand my library. That being said, I found this midi site while doing my daily digging.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/index-classic.html

I believe the tracks with (#) in the names are remixes of the original music people have done.

If this post has broken any rules I apologize, and as far as I know the site I linked is not infringing as I have never seen sites hosting midi's get in trouble.

Nice. It's really interesting how Nintendo midis are showing up on all kinds of tracks lately.

Nice. It's really interesting how Nintendo midis are showing up on all kinds of tracks lately.

I think its dope that if you really listen to some of the stuff, nintendo music guys came up with all kinds of electronica first before anyone else and they never got the credit. Take Guardian Legend. That came out before drum and bass is officially recognized as being created but they have drum and bass tracks in the game.

midi's? is that like vinyls and reasons LOL

No, its like M1D1, j/k. All old video games used general midi for their sound processing. Old as in the ones one systems made after 1982 which actually used MIDI as the sound processor. But midi is used in all eletronic gear now. Every synth, keyboard, sampler, etc... >.>

i wish there was a way to just download them all at once so i could listen to them later, instead of clickin through lol

i wish there was a way to just download them all at once so i could listen to them later, instead of clickin through lol

There is. You need to get a site ripper or mass file downloader. There are plugins for firefox that can do that.

Getting the MIDI file is all good and well, but that won't get you the original 8 bit sound of the machine (not without the NES soundchip atleast)

Getting the MIDI file is all good and well, but that won't get you the original 8 bit sound of the machine (not without the NES soundchip atleast)

It's called a SIM chip, and they can be emulated. If you look around online there are old emulators for them.

Back