New to sampling and in need of information

Rodney95

Hello producers,

I've always been a big fan of musicc, especially hip hop. That's why I've tried picking up producing my own beats but haven't had the right equipment for it.
As of recept I've been thinking about buying my first sampler but I'm still kind of short on information.

I've been looking at the Akai MPK series which caught my eye because of their relative low budget (as a starter I don't want to spend a lot of money at first).
I know how the drum pads work and that it comes with a piano as well which is great but I'm still kind of out in the blue on the following questions:

1. Next to the sampler itself, what kind of soft/hardware would I need?
2. What's the difference between lines like MPC and MPK and what would be best to begin with as a starter with relatively low knowledge of producing?
3. Are the drumpads on an MPK overwritable with samples of your own choice?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated and anything you can share to help me into producing will help big time.

Thanks in advance and peace!

Alright that sounds really promising since I already own FL Studios.
So now I'm thinking about buying an MPK Mini since it's low budget and personally I think it's a great controller to learn the basics. Can you recommend a mini since you own it's 'larger brother'?

Ive got the mini and I cant recommend it enough. If you've got a space for your computer then you've got space for a mini. it also come with a few software plugins. They are also pretty tough but if you can afford a case for it I would recommend that as well. The only issue that you might have is the keys are a bit stiff at first but they loosen up a bit.

Thanks for the replies! I'll definitely go with the mini then since it's a great price/quality balance.
The question that I still have is how can I overwrite the drum pads on the mini sith samples of my own liking?

Back