Need help to reduce unwanted sound from samples?

optimist_music

Iv suddenly become very addicted to using samples as i got bored of using vst's. Just seems alot more creative and original.

Anyway the main problem im having is where i chop it up iv got that sound i can only describe as the sound when speakers/monitors are on full volume. That kind of nothing sound (is there a word for it?!)!!

So obviously when the sample comes in you can here it. Some times you can just layer the track with pads and you can get away with it but i don't want to feel like i should have to do anything.

The answer i might expect is to use better recorded tracks to sample. I hope thats not the case as im really enjoying diving into this huge collection of classic soul music :)

Thank you for all your replies.

Tim

Any plugin labeled hiss remover. Although you need to audition it first. Find records that are in decent quality to begin with. Have decent needle on your turntable. make sure your mixer has everything flat. Too much treble will kill as sample.....same with the bass.

the sound your talking about can be the echo effect of the sample when its done playing or have that vinyl sound. but there are a couple ways to get rid or at least decrease the sound. first after chopping the sample you should have a stretch feature turn it to zero that wi stop the delay. now if its a pop noise then i suggest you select the fade in and out option after chopping samples. second you can use the low pass or high pass filter knobs on the program. that should help with the common problems of sampling. if none of these techniques work give us a more detailed description of the software or hardware your using with the steps you take and i will try my best to help out.

Back