Need help new to sampling

C

cheddarboi

Hi guys am new to music production and i find it very interesting listening to east-coast style beats which is the kind of music i want to make but i read that east-coast style is based on sampling.I don't know anything about sampling and even how to sample or what equipment's you need to sample.The only things i have as far equipment and a daw is fl studio 10 , my laptop,midi keyboard m-audio oxygen and yamaha hs monitor.I listened to a couple 9th wonder and just blaze work and i really liked them but don't even know how they flipped the sample or found them.Any advice will be good.Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give you a little info on this because I know some veteran users here will look at this post and go the other way. Youtube is your friend. Especially when it comes to using FL Studio. All you have to do is type in what you want. For instance: FL Studio sampling, chopping samples fl studio, 9th wonder sampling, etc. will bring up so many videos. Also do a google search and that will give you tons of info also. Hope that helps. Stay patient and at the end of the day, HAVE FUN with it.

9th Wonder used to swear by FL Studio. Most of that Little Brother stuff is FL Studio. FL Studio works very well for sampling. You have more than enough stuff for it. Go buy a turntable a dj mixer and some records and start cutting up records and putting them back together.

since ur using fl studio u can drag a song u wanna sample on the edison and use it like that or slicex, if u got midi u can sync it with the fpc but ya u can find all this info on youtube

As far as finding stuff to sample, you can really sample anything. I like to sample anything from soul like marvin gaye or classic rock like bob dylan. I also somrtimes sample some downtempo or electro stuff. If your looking for an eastcoast vibe go with jazz or orchestra. Just look up stuff on google. Explore. Good luck and keep practicing

Back