Most Underated Producer

Young_Prophet said:
So what if he made a gimmick or two? The dude still has consistantly made some of the hottest beats non stop main stream for the past 10 years, and dudes like you overlook him cause he has had gimmicks. Like someone else said, he made peoples careers. Look at Mariah Carey, and her comeback thanks to JD. The dude is gold.

Yeah, I saw a video of him making a beat, and the dude was nasty on the Turntable scratching, and sampling tip. And it all looked so easy to him. He picked up a great sample from the vynl, and did a tight ass scratch and sequenced it in like less than a minute... And I was like DAMN!

Dudes Mad Overatted, its not even funny. He makes some weak ass tracks with crappy drums for a group, and people hop on his thing like its prison.

ALl the NC your hometown has in 9th Wonder, get your minds right.

jd jb and 9

yo just blaze is my favorite producer cuz of him being him and his style is mad different and ill i mean did u hear what he did on games album (church for thugs & no more fun and games)

j.d. i dont like him i dont think any of his beats are ill freshazimiz beat i tihnk that was so whak the mariah carey whole comeback was corny as hell i didnt fall for it.mariah's comeback was all about her beautiful voice but nothing else of her comeback impressed me

9th wonder i think he's iight just cuz of "i see now" on consequences mixtape but besides that and "girl" i havent seen ANYTHING spectacular of his.to me he is just a loopin preoducer that was found if all the looping producers were found most of the begginers would be getting as much props as 9th wonder

and to me it dont matter how much you chop yo crap up as long as the product is dope.the most spectacular samplin ive seen is on biggie's ready to die which they would get samples from different songs and fuse them and the beats were just a stereo masterpiece

The Whole Wu Elements.rza Can Never Get Enuff Credit....what About Scarface,juju,stoupe And Fred Wreck

Style said:
I heard his instrumental album and was unimpressed. But I did like the production he did on Dudley Perkins' album.

I really just like MadLib's basic approach to making music. He and 9th hold it down IMHO. It's alot of other cats that don't get the credit they deserve like Pete Rock, Diamond D, Dilla, Beatminerz, etc..... It's too many to name and the field is too watered down too.

stoupe is badly slept on, you just gotta listen to the way he flips samples to realise he's just as good as premier...

the one and only Alchemist son

he is slept on very much

hes in my top 10, he can be simple as hell but his **** sounds abolutley beautiful

Pete Rock, lotta cats haven't heard any of his stuff these days 'cause they consider him 'old school' now i guess. i remember when i use to go to music stores and buy singles/maxis just because he produced/remixed something on it even if i hadn't heard it before.

Xabiton said:
and its hot too. the thing is his loops are hotter than most other cats super chopped beats

So what if he loops if its a nice loop hes dug out an no ones used before, why does everyone talk about chopping like it takes some amazing skill to do it or something, its a piece of piss and 50% of the time will make an amazing loop sound like ****, its got its place bit the way people talk about it youd think they just composed Beethovens 5th by slicing a meoldy loop into 5 hits....

Xabiton said:
and its hot too. the thing is his loops are hotter than most other cats super chopped beats

Xabiton said:

So what if he loops if its a nice loop hes dug out an no ones used before, why does everyone talk about chopping like it takes some amazing skill to do it or something, its a piece of piss and 50% of the time will make an amazing loop sound like ****, its got its place but the way people talk about it you'd think they just composed Beethovens 5th or some **** by slicing a melody loop into 5 hits....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, sorry, technical hitch there I think, agree on Showbiz and Finesse as well, Thes ONE is 100% the most slept on current producer

I agree,
Thes One is a dope producer!!! Yacht Club gives me the goosebumps and I hope I'll find that single when I'm in the Bay Area.
Mf Doom ain't wack....but I really question the release of the special herbs series ,those beats are ill with an emcee rhyming but as instrumentals that's weak.
Everything to make a buck,I guess.....

twinings said:
So what if he loops if its a nice loop hes dug out an no ones used before, why does everyone talk about chopping like it takes some amazing skill to do it or something, its a piece of piss and 50% of the time will make an amazing loop sound like ****, its got its place but the way people talk about it you'd think they just composed Beethovens 5th or some **** by slicing a melody loop into 5 hits....
whats ur point. u basically just elaborated on what i said and have been saying for a while. Loops are the ****!

Madlib - the kid can do anything: jazz(YNQ), hip-hop(Jaylib), broken beat(DJ Rels), soul jazz (Sound Directions), funk(Dudley Perkins), space aged cosmic sample babble (Quasimoto).

I don't think that Madlib is underrated.In the indie scene,he's considered as an icon and forget about Europe where he's a god especially in the UK....

Back