Making Instruments Mimic Sample?

Hey guys,

Pretty silly question but I need to know how this is done. I’ve heard plenty of beats that will use a familiar sample from song, but it will be a whole different instrument playing it. For instance if the sample has a guitar melody in it whoever the beat maker is will take that same melody but will mimic it with keys, or some other instrument.

Now I know if you know how to play an instrument you can recreate it by knowing the notes of the sample, however I dont. So is there some special sampling technique that people are using to do this?

I hope this makes sense of what I’m asking. If not I can try to further elaborate or give an example.

Thanks!

Not really making sense (the first part of your question seems contradicted by the second).

Could you rephrase that please? Also— A couple of examples?

GJ

Hey guys,

Pretty silly question but I need to know how this is done. I’ve heard plenty of beats that will use a familiar sample from song, but it will be a whole different instrument playing it. For instance if the sample has a guitar melody in it whoever the beat maker is will take that same melody but will mimic it with keys, or some other instrument.

Now I know if you know how to play an instrument you can recreate it by knowing the notes of the sample, however I dont. So is there some special sampling technique that people are using to do this?

I hope this makes sense of what I’m asking. If not I can try to further elaborate or give an example.

Thanks!

id like to know this as well.

they have a sample loop playing and then take drums or piano and know exactly how to play a melody that fits it. How would you know how to donthat if you didnt play that instrument?

Back