Lil Rob - Summer Nights.. What is that sample??

^ You must not hear the vocal samples in the beat, and I don't mean the "Oh yeah!" and sh*t.

EDIT: I want to know this too. I thought this song was hot back in '05 when it came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lil Rob's my homeboy from out the 619, glad to see him getting FP buzz! This got a lil' MTV play too!

I'm not 100% sure, but I gotta tell you, dude got a savage production team(Fingaz is a beast). They use guitars heavily, wouldn't be surprised if this was simply a looped guitar riff. I would not be surprised it this was completely composed. Not hard to pitch up a chicks vocals and make them sound like that. There's also tons of accapella vocals like that on Workstations and Sampler Vstis.

Last edited:
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Lil Rob's my homeboy from out the 619, glad to see him getting FP buzz! This got a lil' MTV play too!

I'm not 100% sure, but I gotta tell you, dude got a savage production team(Fingaz is a beast). They use guitars heavily, wouldn't be surprised if this was simply a looped guitar riff. I would not be surprised it this was completely composed. Not hard to pitch up a chicks vocals and make them sound like that. There's also tons of accapella vocals like that on Workstations and Sampler Vstis.

The vocal sample when Rob says "kinda woman that would put up a fight for me" just sounds crazy to me, like its from some type of "pure moods" song or something.

This song makes me miss Cali. I used to open up the sunroof, roll down the windows, and hit the beach puffin 1 to this album with a tall can in the cupholder. Can't do that in VA. The cops will beat my azz and impound my car.

You don't know what you got til' it's gone.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
This song makes me miss Cali. I used to open up the sunroof, roll down the windows, and hit the beach puffin 1 to this album with a tall can in the cupholder. Can't do that in VA. The cops will beat my azz and impound my car.

You don't know what you got til' it's gone.

"Its true you never realize what you really got till its gone, so I'm not going to sing another sad song
But sometimes I still sit and reminisce thinking about the times I had.......BACK IN THE DAY........."

-Ahmad

nothing like the classics

yooo i love this song..but it been that long...feel like iwas just listenin to this song

I dont know...

DirtyThirdBeats said:
I found the other song that used this sample.

Or maybe its just made in the style of the lil rob joint..

Its funny, I dont hear it at all, I mean, I hear the sped up womans vocal, but its not the same imho...

However, in the song below, I hear the same bassline but slowed and you can hear the faint vocal sample of that is prevalent and recognizable in Lil Rob's joint, at :26 , :39 and 1:46... I think this has to be a widely available vocal sample you can find somewhere.

Also, I had a friend (who knows Lil rob's production team) who said its an original track. Pretty good at creating that sample feel...

watch?v=mnuWY5Nlf3k

Back