Kong Drum Designer: Sampling

D

D-Funkdafied

First, I am new to sampling and I need some help with sampling with Reason.

I use FL STUDIO to cut and chop up my samples but I use REASON to make the beats.

I have assigned all the Chopped parts into the kong drum designer and I am in the mix of making a melody out of the sample now but their is one thing that is bugging me when using Kong. When I hit one pad, I want it to play at the instance I hit it and not to carry on after that. Basically a one hit. If I want to play the whole pad/loop/chopped part till it ends then I want to be able to HOLD my finger down on the Keys and the sample part should stop playing when I lift my finger off..

Do you know what I mean?

If so, then please help me out. If their is no solution then how would I do it like that? With NNXT etc...?

Thanks

I don't think kong is good for sampling, nor stacking drums. Few possibilities in that thing.. I think you`d be better off just getting Recycle and do your chops there, then you can load them up in the Dr.octo rex. That thing is a beast, its very quick. Sorry i could help with the actual question.

That's a good question. I don't really use it but I just checked out Kong, and it doesn't seem to have a "trigger" feature.

Redrum does though, the switch by the "Level" knob.

I'm sure Kong has something like that, it would be a shame if it didn't. :-/

i just went and tried to figure it out. The setting in dr. octo rex that stops this is the amp env release knob on the bottom left side (if you have it all the way up it will play your slice to the end with one hit, if you have it all the way down you have to hold your pad to play the slice through). So i went into kong and loaded up the nurse rex loop player and there are 3 knobs that have to do with the release but when I tried playing around with it it didnt seem to do anything. But that might be a good lead.
--edit-- the release knobs work, But when I press the pad it indicates that its being pushed longer than I pressed it for (Im using a computer keyboard). But I never have this issue in dr. octo rex.

Also while we are on the subject. when Im in kong and i load up a sample in the nurse rex, when I hit the pads the kong plays the whole slice through and cuts it at the end where it should. But when I load the sample up in dr. octo rex and set my release all the way up (where i want it) it plays the slice all the way through, like it should, but there is a very slight echo at the end of each slice. Its nice that the kong drum doesnt do it but I would rather use dr. octo rex for my samples, so if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

i just found a video tutorial that covers this topic exactly. Your welcome. (youtube) I cant post links yet sry.

/watch?v=ZdLNdmIjDO0&feature=related

Last edited:
First, I am new to sampling and I need some help with sampling with Reason.

I use FL STUDIO to cut and chop up my samples but I use REASON to make the beats.

I have assigned all the Chopped parts into the kong drum designer and I am in the mix of making a melody out of the sample now but their is one thing that is bugging me when using Kong. When I hit one pad, I want it to play at the instance I hit it and not to carry on after that. Basically a one hit. If I want to play the whole pad/loop/chopped part till it ends then I want to be able to HOLD my finger down on the Keys and the sample part should stop playing when I lift my finger off..

Do you know what I mean?

If so, then please help me out. If their is no solution then how would I do it like that? With NNXT etc...?

Thanks
I think the NNXT is better suited for what you want to do.

Back