kanye sample

C

ctscott203

Can anybody tell me what tracks kanye sampled for "Crack music" and "We major"? the horns are insane.

The only sample creditted for We Major is Orange Krush - Action, which seems to just be a drum break. So theres a chance its 100% original. Crack Music contains a sample from "Since you Came Into My Life" performed by "New York Community Choir"

ctscott203 said:
Can anybody tell me what tracks kanye sampled for "Crack music" and "We major"? the horns are insane.

For "We Major" the drum brake from Orange Krush - Action was sampled and everything else was played out.

what about the 3 rd track with mad brass, was it sampled of composed?
"i gotta testify, something something fly until the day i die"

CDiddy said:
That album was poor.

Kanye isn't trying anymore.

:confused:

I thought the album was a masterpiece...but to each his own.

But the horns were played LIVE on Crack Music...they had a 6 man brass section play that out...might've been an interpolation...but they showed it on Kanye's making the album special. I have a newfound respect for Kanye, he's really trying to take Hip Hop music to a higher level. My hat goes off to him.

curtis mayfield movin on up= touch the sky

Last edited by a moderator:
Wreckless1 said:
what about the 3 rd track with mad brass, was it sampled of composed?
"i gotta testify, something something fly until the day i die"

ask just blaze, he did that record, not kanye.

listening to that curtis mayfield sample song makes me want to punch Kanye in the face. You can't sample that. That's a real masterpiece, plus Kanye didn't even switch it up at all.

Mayfield himself has said he's cool with artists sampling his music.

Besides, how is that song any different from other 'non-chopped' samples?

I'm more worried about R&B ripoffs of Eric B and Rakim's 'My Melody'...

Last edited:
^^ I agree, Touch The Sky was my favorite song off the album...lovin the bass movement on that one. Hats off to Just Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaze !

I was reading in a magazine that kanye worked closely with the guy who re did the "never let me down" sample on alot of songs. What he did was make the basic idea for the beat, give the guy direction of what he wanted and let him go crazy. This way it sounds more musical and makes it sound less looped than most rap music. And btw that celebration beat is fire as is that joint w/ brandy, both tracks amaze me.

MACKone said:

:confused:

I thought the album was a masterpiece...but to each his own.

But the horns were played LIVE on Crack Music...they had a 6 man brass section play that out...might've been an interpolation...but they showed it on Kanye's making the album special. I have a newfound respect for Kanye, he's really trying to take Hip Hop music to a higher level. My hat goes off to him.
where did you see this special? i want to watch it.

Yeah I saw that speacial on MTV2 the other day. It didn't look at all what i figure the making of a hip-hop album would. Like, in Fade to Blakc, that's what I'd picture it looking like. But that was like some higher level masterpiece.

Tyree D. said:
can't y'all just look in the liner notes of your CD for all the track info?
I'd wager most of the posters don't actually buy albums; hence, they don't have the booklet to reference.

Back