How to match pitch between instrumental and vocals only?

TholomewP

I use FL Studio 8. I have an acapella of something and an instrumental I sampled and I want to sample the acapella too. I looped the instrumental by isolating 8 bars and placed it in its own pattern at a length of 8 bars, "normalized" the channel and fit it to the 8 bars. Now I want to implement some of the vocals but it is not the same pitch as the instrumental sample. How can I correct this?
Thanks.

Also, how can I map "chops" (I think that's what they're called. When you chop up a sample and play it bit by bit) to a MIDI keyboard?
Thanks again

Last edited:
I don't own fruity loops so I do not know the exact process of chopping in FL. I use Ableton. However I am sure there is a tutorial on youtube if you just typed in chop sample fruity loops 8.

As far as matching your acapella, you could try pitching the sample up or down a few semitones and see if that gets any closer to your instrumental but it may lead to some weird sounding results since you already know what the acapella is supposed to sound like. Otherwise, in my opinion you should find a different acapella. Try acapellas4u. They have a lot.

As far as matching your acapella, you could try pitching the sample up or down a few semitones and see if that gets any closer to your instrumental but it may lead to some weird sounding results since you already know what the acapella is supposed to sound like. Otherwise, in my opinion you should find a different acapella. Try acapellas4u. They have a lot.

I hope you realize that I asked how to match the pitch, and you said to simply change the pitch. I don't want to be mean but that isn't helpful at all :)

use a pitch correction software (not advised)
on the acapella click edit and in edison detect the pitch and change it to the samples key

for good chops use slicer in the chanel section ... very nice for custom or auto chops

Back