How to I get an MP3 file into Logic Pro?

bupsbdowns

I'm very new to this. How do you put an MP3 file created in Pro Tools into Logic Pro. It is not dragging over from iTunes, and it will not go into the Audio Bin.

I don't know Logic, but I'm fairly familiar with Macs. They generally make things pretty easy. Are you sure it's an Mp3? If it's in iTunes, it's probably an AAC file. In any event, you probably have to convert it (to wave, I'm assuming). Look in your pull-down menus for "import file," "add file," "convert file," or some such, or look for that in your Help file. Also, you could try burning your original file to a CD, then re-ripping that file into Logic.

GJ

The OP already said "it's not dragging," but now you've got me thinking of a few simple possibilities. Can you drag it to the desktop (from iTunes), then drag it into Logic? Or, skip iTunes, and go right to the iTunes file and drag it in?

GJ

When starting a new project in Logic, it gives you the option to make a new track, either an audio track, software instrument or a midi. Select audio track, then hit File > Import Audio File to go select the mp3 file (The hotkeys are command+shift+i). Hit open and you're good!

So I tried dragging the file into the desktop and then into Logic. It's an MP3 file, and even when I try to click on it to import it into Logic, I can't select it because it is grey. Is there any sort of free online file converter that any of you know of?

Yes, you should just be able to drag it from the Finder window into the Arrange window in Logic Pro. Then it should automatically start converting into .wav or .aiff file format.

Back