How good you think you are???

noequalrecords

Aite just thought of this yesterday and i figured I would post it...how many of you think you or someone else on this site or other site, someone who is only selling beats for a few hundred dollars max, have beats good enough worthy for a fairly major album? Or maybe if you made the beat but could put it on an album under a big producers name?? Just curious

noequalrecords said:
Aite just thought of this yesterday and i figured I would post it...how many of you think you or someone else on this site or other site, someone who is only selling beats for a few hundred dollars max, have beats good enough worthy for a fairly major album? Or maybe if you made the beat but could put it on an album under a big producers name?? Just curious

the ratio of talented people to sucessful people is always heavily unbalanced

a lot of guys on here make good music or have an unreal amount of potential but a lot of them wont "make it" or "blow up"

shame really but it depends what you're in it for

On a scale of one to ten, with 10 being the ultimate hip hop beatmaker, and a 1 being the wackest fool to ever try to make a beat, I give you a 7.5, young man. Your mixing skills are high, but your creativity is not high. That beat could be 100 different people out there. But that's just me.

EDIT: Bumped you to 7.5, 'cause the Riggs track has a very, very nice feel.

Last edited:
LostProfit said:
the ratio of talented people to sucessful people is always heavily unbalanced

a lot of guys on here make good music or have an unreal amount of potential but a lot of them wont "make it" or "blow up"

This is HORRIBLY true, as i've seen ppl who have LOADS of talent, but never get discovered due to lack of determination, placement, or just overall unfortunate events...said to say, i know...but hey, i know imma make it, so was hood?! lmao

people have said some of my beats could go on any major album so ill have to agree with them

I think with a year or two out of school, for sure we have a chance of making it... I just need more beats to our stash.. we're low because we're busy. its all about marketing and connections and we're business men over here

i personally am pretty critical of my beats but i've had compliments from people so sometimes i get a little cocky. i can't imagine most of my beats on a major album.

bobsmitt said:
i personally am pretty critical of my beats but i've had compliments from people so sometimes i get a little cocky. i can't imagine most of my beats on a major album.

I couldn't imagine any of your beats on a major album....... let alone a underground mixtape

MySpace Gangsta said:
Yes, I do believe I have beats good enough to be on a major label CD
i quote that as my statment
actually a major label ehh no cuz i dont do **** that them major ****s would like im underground
MySpace Gangsta said:
I couldn't imagine any of your beats on a major album....... let alone a underground mixtape
word ma****a samples wedding music :o

Last edited:
i give myself about a 7.5

I'm creative in finding samlpes and everything, but I can't come up with a new pattern with sampling for the life of me.

All of my beats are good, but they are just too repetitive.

I'll create 1 good sampled loop but then I never know when to go from there.

Listen for yourself.

www.myspace.com/resinate916

MySpace Gangsta said:
dawg let's get serious how could u say yours can be on majors but his cant.

You're beats are well outdated fads and money chasers.Every beat u do fits in the category that makes money.
U still doin heatmakers type beats with the super fast hi hat and **** man you need to revise why u make music i mean u jus learned how to get sampels on beat so you need to go do some studyin b4 u got a say on what can be major or not

MySpace Gangsta said:
i can imagine ur beats on a dipset wannabe's mixtape. seriously you need to be real with yourself. i am with me, i don't think i am amazing or my beats are hot. i enjoy listening to mine but i only get a bit cocky because i have recieved compliments on my beats. i am highly critical of myself and you need to realize you're about as far from being on a major's album or a bigger underground mixtape as i am, maybe even farther. stop convincing yourself you're hot because "your boys" and your family tell you. you could play them a ****ty ass "my first fl beat" and they wouldn't tell u how bad it is. i didn't even say i could be on a major's album or whatever and you just comment as if i did. stop trying to start ****.

Tha Hypnotist said:
word ma****a samples wedding music :o
sorry that i sample more than soul music and i like to be creative.

rando said:
As far as beats, on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am a 6.2 :o
no comment :cheers: i'm not gonna even go there.

Last edited:
Back