How to find out who sampled what?

Nah bruh... Welcome to real life.

It's the worst when you're digging thru records and you find a sample to a song you love but you cant quite put your finger on what sampled it. Could be the way they flipped it, could be another reason... Either way you cant put your finger on who used it. Nothing worse than having a musical thought in your head that you can't put words or letters to. It's one of the great mind ****s that I've discovered in this thing called life.

whosampled is pretty much a one stop shop for finding out who sampled what. and FLBeatMaker is right, a lot of Youtube channels have videos of like 10 or so songs from big producers' samples. It's sorta like cheating but it does help with growing your library

Why are people so concerned with what other people sampled?

Most of the time it's because they heard a sample and fell in love with it, and are trying to track it down so they can use it. Well I know that's usually why I go searching for samples.

What ever a vocal sample says type into to google and put lyrics behind it and if your lucky you can find the original song.

There are a few Facebook Groups who post samples up all day and give a list of what producer used that record! I'll do a quick search for them and see if I can find them again!

Back