How can I pull just the vocals from a song to sample with?

OfficialDB3

Like, there are a few songs I'd like to play around with sampling, but I don't want the music along with the vocals when I put them into a song. Or there are some songs that I want to sample a part of the music without the vocals. Is that even possible to do?

If you can get the acapella version of the song, or the song & instrumental of the same quality & invert the instrumental timed up with the song you may be able to get it.

really if you want vocals from a sample try to remake it... seriously... you'd be surprised with the results; it will sound 100x better than anything you can sample and try to filter the hell out of.....

You can only filter so much, I just try to find accapellas or make the vocal fit perfectly with the beat.

really if you want vocals from a sample try to remake it... seriously... you'd be surprised with the results; it will sound 100x better than anything you can sample and try to filter the hell out of.....

If I recreate the vocals, how would it be sampling then? I'd just be singing/saying a quote. Plus the fact that I can't sing... Don't really see how that works.

Unless you mean if I wanted to take vocals out of a sample to use the instrumental, then yeah that would make sense.

it really depends on the vocals you want to Rip, you can only EQ out so much stuff without losing quality on your vocal sample, your best bet as said in earlier post is to find original Acapellas.

If I recreate the vocals, how would it be sampling then? I'd just be singing/saying a quote. Plus the fact that I can't sing... Don't really see how that works.

Unless you mean if I wanted to take vocals out of a sample to use the instrumental, then yeah that would make sense.

Its sampling because you're taking something that was not original and using it in your beats, interpolation is still sampling, just ask Kanye and Ken Lewis

If you have the original and an exact copy of the instrumental you can do phase inversion to cancel out the music but the results aren't perfects because you also overlap overlapping frequencies.

Its sampling because you're taking something that was not original and using it in your beats, interpolation is still sampling, just ask Kanye and Ken Lewis

Yeah I guess you're right, it technically IS still sampling, but not exactly the same. Some things you sample, it sounds MUUUCH better to have the original voice than to recreate.

If you are talking newer songs, you should try to find the acapellas for them, if you are talking older songs, it depends on how they were recorded, alot of older songs primarily from the 60's and 70's were mastered on "3 channels", the drums usually in the left channel, the melody and bass in the right channel and the vocals in the center channel (you can tell these types of songs simply by listening to them with headphones), these types of songs are easy to sample the vocals using a program like adobe audition using an effect called "center channel extraction". Otherwise it's generally difficult to get a clear sample without it sounding all "phasy".

Back