Getting rid of clicking sound using FL Slicer

GRiiM

Sometimes when i chop my samples up, they get these weird clicking noises when i put them on the slicer, I'm pretty sure i timed them up right though... but yeah any advice would be gladly appreciated!

THANKS

hmm, if your chopping your sample cleanly then i dont know what it is.
i know on FL tho if you choppin right on a kick or snare or between like a chord change or something with the sample it will have a clicking sound if your not right on with the chop marker

ur problem is that you are using fl slicer...my advice is cut a long sample, then use fl slicer to lay it out and let you know where you need to make your smaller cuts...then cut them yourself and lay it out again with ur OWN chops, that'll help you...fl slicer just isnt precise if you ask me...i just use it as a preview when i get lazy and dont wanna chop a bunch of cuts im not gonna use

agreed. i use edison for all my chops.
fl slicer gives me an idea of what i want to use. zoom in on your chops and look at them. one ms is all it takes to get a click or pop.
and if you're chopping an old tune from vinyl with clicks and pops, you may have to go in and delete them one by one if you want it clean.

Last edited:
there is a "declick in" and "declick out" function in edison...

Just chop at zero point, if that's not possible I do it a manual fade in/out, I just zoom in very close, fade in/out and bobs your uncle.

lemme tell yall this...all of my beats are made using the FL SLICER!. really nothing wrong wit it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slicex is capable of much more. (get the "Play To End" update)
In Slicer you cant adjust the Attack, Release etc of each individual Chop right?
Cant route Each Chop through different Mixerchannels neither with Slicer i think.

FL Slicer is just a simpler more limited version of Slicex actually.
I think most guys sticking to the FL Slicer dont know how to get along with Slicex since its pretty complicated.
I dont know how to fully use it neither yet but everything i did in Slicer i can do in Slicex as well.

Last edited:
As far as I've seen, Slicex doesn't give you the same "non destructive" ability to change the pitch like you can in the FL Slicer. In the FL Slicer you can change the pitch at will without having to undo your changes, unlike how slicex works...Unless Imageline fixed this.
Slicex is capable of more, but missing some basic functionality that FL Slicer has.

Last edited:
As far as I've seen, Slicex doesn't give you the same "non destructive" ability to change the pitch like you can in the FL Slicer. In the FL Slicer you can change the pitch at will without having to undo your changes, unlike how slicex works...Unless Imageline fixed this.
Slicex is capable of more, but missing some basic functionality that FL Slicer has.

I ran into that same problem at first when i started using Slicex.

In Slicex, You gotta go to the "Tools" button and hit "time stretch/pitch shift".
And than put the "method" on "Pro default".
Now you can use the "Pitch Course" knob to Pitch-Shift exactly like in FL Slicer.
This is exactly the same "method" used in FL Slicer except in FL Slicer they made a nice fader for it.

Last edited:
I gotta say since a couple of weeks my Slicex started behaving weird.
When i wanna use Pitch-Shift on "Pro default" it just inserts Silence on my Sample.
It doesnt happen all the time though.

I gotta say since a couple of weeks my Slicex started behaving weird.
When i wanna use Pitch-Shift on "Pro default" it just inserts Silence on my Sample.
It doesnt happen all the time though.
I'm gonna try that. Thanks for that tip...but yeah that is a weird thing slicex is doing there.

Back