Fruity Slicer GLITCHES AND POPS??

Four One Sick

Hey guys, I use fruity loops, and I'm quite fed up with the glitches in the FRUITY SLICER! I wan't more control over my samples and would like to download a sampling vst. I want to be able to use the piano roll to really slice up the sample. I like to get really technicall with my cuts, and i hate using the full loop AS IS. Fruity slicer does this or me, but it always makes these little blips and glitches when I load already perfectly cut samples.... Any advice you guys got would really help me.

Thanks alot fam, this has been troubling me for a while now.

Last edited:
Why no use the edison first and then draq it to Directwave or slicer

If it really perfecty chop why do you get glitches.
If you cut at zero crossing points you should not get any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most samples I work with do not have zero cross points... I work with loud samples that are hard to make sound smooth when i loop em. They always pop, or sound stuttered. It's hard to explain. I cut them perfectly, and even pinpoint the bpm exactly to the 100th, but i still get this crap?

Last edited:
chop it in audition and save it as a .wav file
open it in FL and all your slice markers are saved from the chop you made in audition

Four One Sick said:
Most samples I work with do not have zero cross points... I work with loud samples that are hard to make sound smooth when i loop em. They always pop, or sound stuttered. It's hard to explain. I cut them perfectly, and even pinpoint the bpm exactly to the 100th, but i still get this crap?

regardless of what program you use, if you cut by bpm only, you are going to get cracks and pops. all sound has zero cross points, you just have to zoom really far in.

dee2good said:
regardless of what program you use, if you cut by bpm only, you are going to get cracks and pops. all sound has zero cross points, you just have to zoom really far in.

zoom really far in? :D

ALL SAMPLES have a zero crossing. Otherwise, you just have half a sound.

Adjust the sample to the bpm.

If all else fails, just do some good 'ol chopping. :)

I understand zero crossing's. But what troubles me is in particularly fluid samples ( an orchestra and drums playing for example ) it's extremely difficult to find the EXACT zero cross. I know the cross is when the signal changes from postive to negative, its just when im zoomed in that far i can't seem to pick it out from all the other noise going on....

Is there some tricks i can do to atleast get rid of the ****ing pops and make the loop play SMOOTHLY. I hate that stutter i get when playing loops i cut in the slicer. It never sounds fluid and smoothe when it goes over each slice in succession.

Last edited:
any pops you hear is a direct result of not picking a zero cross point. also, sometimes (usually) you have to envelope the volume within the sample so its not too sharp.

I appreciated the envelope response. How would I go about doing that in the slicer, by turning down attack?

Last edited:
thats a simple way of doing it, not very precise. much easier in edison though. also edison allows you do zoom in so much farther so you can see that zero cross point. i always use either edison or sony acid to cut my samples, then load them into the slicer or directwave. the slicer is not the best when i comes to chopping samples, unless you a looking for a really gritty feel.

this is simple FL Slicer has a feautre to check zero crossed slices

click on the 3rd little icon with the boxcutter (on FL Slicer) in the drop menu theres somehthing called "zero cross check slices" click on it and it wll do its thing

Last edited:
Nobody here really understood the question.

Yes i know what a zero-cross is. but im not cutting DRUMS! the sample is continually up at around -4db. Theres barely any DIPS in the wave length. So in essence this makes it extremely difficult to find the end of the 4 bar sections perfectly. I guess it's all about tiral and error perhaps. For you really technical heads, no there wont ALWAYS be a perfect zero crossing, esspecially with system noise and such.

Last edited:
You have 2 options.
Cut it at zero crossing points or a fader.
Why are we still talking about this.

on the bars to theright of the screen nuder the declick ****, if you hover over them they say Slices fade in and Slices fade out. Put both of those at about 4-10ms, and there you go

Back