Flip This Dionne Warwick, pt. 2

Lab

E-U-G
Here's another Warwick sample I dug up. It's a little crackly, but honestly I like that sound. The end has the hottest part, so listen all the way through!

The second link is my beat if you care to listen. I blended some other **** in. Let me know what you think.

FLIP IT!!

[ADMIN EDIT: guys... it is 30 SECONDS MAX on samples you post here]

sample is raw honey son

flip was real ill, i like to hear the samples breathe a little bit so the bass/drums/other instruments can alternate and rock...but very nicely done

Thanks Mag. Could you be more specific with the letting the sample breathe? I think you've definitely got some good advice I just don't really understand what you mean. More changeups?

I Make Magma said:
sample is raw honey son

flip was real ill, i like to hear the samples breathe a little bit so the bass/drums/other instruments can alternate and rock...but very nicely done

Lab said:
Here's another Warwick sample I dug up. It's a little crackly, but honestly I like that sound. The end has the hottest part, so listen all the way through!

The second link is my beat if you care to listen. I blended some other **** in. Let me know what you think.

FLIP IT!!

solid dope beat

i hate it, that i wont be able to flip this since i wont be back home til late sunday ugh

Last edited:
Word. I guess I was going for something like Kev Brown- Albany, when the hook hits and all those sounds just start coming in out of nowhere.

my quick flip..bass line is a bit off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lab said:
Thanks Mag. Could you be more specific with the letting the sample breathe? I think you've definitely got some good advice I just don't really understand what you mean. More changeups?

yes changeups but simple ones atleast for what you were going for, but to be simple...take the sample out of the equation and let the bass and drums do there thing, then come back with only a little of the sample (whatever part you choose), somethin like that

Nice sample bruh has anyone tried to sample her way to Sanjose yet?

damn another dope flip lab... not a big dionne warwick fan i never really felt her stuff that much... but props on the beat, keep it up

zaetownboy said:
What i Have so far

same beat i just put it more on beat you have to excuse me i just got my mpd24 and my pc is to slow to run a decent buffer rate

Last edited by a moderator:
Back