Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drums

Thanks

Drums

Sign in to disable this ad
    any people know where to find good drum kits? i can only seem to find dance or heavy bassed kits online. I would really love some vintage style kits.

cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ETbeats View Post
    any people know where to find good drum kits?
    If not online Idk whr else you fina find em.. Yo Google skills must suck or summ. I cain't rly answer or these niggas gon ban me, but try Googling lol.

Thanks

Samples and Sounds for Hip hop producers

Hey whats up you can find plenty of drum sounds online, check my recent blog about sample and sounds.
    [URL="http://www.topbeatmakingprogram.com"]Top Beat Making Program[/URL]
    [COLOR=#ffff00][SIZE=3]A Blog for Newbie Producers[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Thanks
    Create your own

depending on the sound you're going for that is...Drumaxx can create some pretty beefy kicks..not the best for 'acoustic' sounds but you can get really creative with hi-hat sounds especially
    This land is your land and this land is my land, sure, but the world is run by those that never listen to music anyway" - Bob Dylan

Thanks
    Gotta hit the crates if u want that sound dude. Nothing like finding a dusty break beat. Or if you want to do some alteration to the kits you can always download a multisampled drum kit and use it. Addictive drums offers a free version with 1 kit that I hear is not bad. I have the paid version so I never tried the free one but you can download it at xlnaudio.com run it through some fx and it will sound dope. !llmind uses Addictive drums a lot these days

Thanks
    EZdrummer is pretty cheap, check out the "Vintage Rock" and "Nashville" add-on kits.

Thanks
    If you want them vintage, you gotta dig. Otherwise you'll end up layering 1 kick or snare just to get to where you want it to sound.

Thanks
    Gotta change ur way of thinking. Do u think Marley had kits? U think pete had kits? U think Preemo had kits? U think dilla had kits? **** no... They had to make their own shit. Using kits is a lazy way of beat making. I was there once too though. Break out of that mindstate. Innovate. Plus when you find your own drums you develop a sound that is your own in the process.

If you don't know which records have drums, there are ways of finding out. If you don't have money for records or you dont have access to records where u live... There are other ways of accessing these breaks.

I saw an interview the other day with Dj jazzy jeff... He said that just recently he told his mother how he never once ate lunch in high school. He took his lunch money every day and bought records. This is the mindstate u have to develop. How bad do u want it? You can go to the store and buy fish or you can grab a pole and go catch them *******.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brodel34 View Post
    Gotta change ur way of thinking. Do u think Marley had kits? U think pete had kits? U think Preemo had kits? U think dilla had kits? **** no... They had to make their own shit. Using kits is a lazy way of beat making. I was there once too though. Break out of that mindstate. Innovate. Plus when you find your own drums you develop a sound that is your own in the process.

If you don't know which records have drums, there are ways of finding out. If you don't have money for records or you dont have access to records where u live... There are other ways of accessing these breaks.

I saw an interview the other day with Dj jazzy jeff... He said that just recently he told his mother how he never once ate lunch in high school. He took his lunch money every day and bought records. This is the mindstate u have to develop. How bad do u want it? You can go to the store and buy fish or you can grab a pole and go catch them *******.
    I like the idea here but keep in mind there were no kits back then. Actually 95% of the kits online were ass until like 2007/2008. Now most of them are really good. I would say do both. I sold my record collection because I was only digging for breaks at one point and I thought using kits and addictive drums ect would fill that void but nothing sounds quite like a break beat sample but at the same time the stuff that is coming out now can be very good too.

Thanks
    Gotta hit the crates if u want that sound dude.
    Gotta change ur way of thinking. Do u think Marley had kits? U think pete had kits? U think Preemo had kits? U think dilla had kits? **** no...
    No matter how innovative your beats are, they will sound like shit if you use canned drum sounds. However, finding, chopping, and filtering your own drum sounds from vinyl is the most tedious (probably also rewarding) part of making a beat, because you need to gather some drums before you even start. If you get frustrated, or don't have a record player yet, I have found some impressive (and free) drum kits with great drums ripped from vinyl. TheSample.net - Underground Vinyl Drum Kit Vol.1 On the sidebar, you should see links to similar kits, I believe there's like ten more. These are great if you want to start beats quicker for more practice.

Thread Information