Do you prefer Beats By Dr. Dre?

MADBeats1

Do you think Beats By Dr. Dre is a good enough quality pair of headphones, because I have been looking for a good pair and I keep thinking about Beats. I have tried them before, the quality wasn't that great, but others say they are really amazing and prefer the studio kind but should i buy them. And if not, what are some good headphones to buy under 100 bucks.

usually when i see beats by dre mentioned here its about how bass heavy they are or how bad they are for making music.

Beats By Dre suck. I've had 3 pairs and they all broke. I'm not impressed. It's just because they're become a fashion icon, that people buy them.

I got the studio version of RZA's Chambers. They are perfect for me.

Beyerdynamics DT-990 sound the best to me.
Perfectly natural sound.

All i can say about the Beats By Dre is that they are the best looking headphones on the outside but are def not the best for soundquality.

To regurgitate what everyone else has been saying, Beats are indeed awful for music production. Reason being is that they are mid-bass heavy and the mids/highs are muddy. Someone mentioned in a previous post about the Audio Technica ATH-m50 and they are indeed pretty good quality studio monitoring headphones and you can find them for an inexpensive price on Amazon or Ebay. But stay away from Beats for production. Stick with the more professional brands.

Beats by Dre have something like a 3db rise in the mid-bass, the resulting bottom-heaviness makes them a nightmare to mix with. Trust me, I've tried.

Kidlightyear prety much got it

THERE A COMMERCIAL PRODUCT ITS JUST $$$$$ THERE SHIT WERNT LADA GAGA ONES MADE BY SAME PEOPLE

I like the sound of beats for listening, but they're over priced in my opinion , and poor quality from what i've seen. everyone I know that's had them has had them break at one point or another, usually from someone taking them off their head... for production you'd be better off taking the money for beats and going to a musical instrument store in the DJ section and grabbing something there that will give you a better value for your money.

Back