In Da Club Sampled or not?

truedomi

does anybody know if in da club is based on a sample and if not what instruments have they used especially for the lower melody?

Thanks
Domi

Its not sampled. Whether or not the musical phrase was jacked from something else I have no idea- dudes seem to think it was either a funk or jazz song. Its a pretty damn simple song...

It wasnt a sample..

Mike Elizondo (the guy who made the beat) interpolated a funk song on it but i cant remember what the song was. I have it somewhere..

It is not off at all just the mix is not the same as the professional version but a *producer* should see that and should be able to *imagine* how close it would sound when the same engineer would mix the remake. Except of that the sounds he used were just soundfonts and other free sounds so that he can share the FL project file with other people.

pfff FutureConsumers aka Haterz.com

Last edited by a moderator:
rocsta said:
It is not off at all just the mix is not the same as the professional version but a *producer* should see that and should be able to *imagine* how close it would sound when the same engineer would mix the remake. Except of that the sounds he used were just soundfonts and other free sounds so that he can share the FL project file with other people.

pfff FutureConsumers aka Haterz.com

Are you kidding?? A Fruity Loops imitation of In Da Club is supposed to show us how easy it is to make that song? That's like saying some random drawing of a Picasso is about the same as the original. Lot of "imagining" going on there.

lol im not a hater. but that whole thing about "everything is moved 1/8 ofm a note later" thing just pulled me off. he places the claps on 6 and 14 instead of 5 and 13.

jizzer said:
Are you kidding?? A Fruity Loops imitation of In Da Club is supposed to show us how easy it is to make that song? That's like saying some random drawing of a Picasso is about the same as the original. Lot of "imagining" going on there.
I think you should look the word "imagine" up in the dictionary. And when you're at it look for the term "on point" or "not off". Because that's what I said, the NOTES are fine, and then I continued with the right sounds and the same engineer it would sound close. Why? Because the notes are on point. And your Picasso example doesn't make sense at all.

orjanbeats said:
lol im not a hater. but that whole thing about "everything is moved 1/8 ofm a note later" thing just pulled me off. he places the claps on 6 and 14 instead of 5 and 13.
Ok now I see what you mean lol. I thought you mean the strings or guitar, but wouldn't have expected that you mean the drums. Well I have to admit that that threw me off too when I first saw it. But I just compared the FL project with the original. (You can download the FL project from the download section of that site in my sig).
Just compare it to yourself if you have FL or if not try it with the demo. In Da Club has a specific *groove* and you can here this specific groove in the remake. Try to place the clap in the FL project on the 5 and 13 (like you said) and then shift the shakers 1 dot to the left so that they are normal, it sounds very awkward and not even close to the original, the groove I was talking about went away. And then place everything like it was and the groove is there again. You can't fail to hear this specific groove man, it's a "tica-tic-tac, tica-tic-tac...".

And like I said the sounds he picked are not high quality just some soundfonts and drum kits off the internet. And the mix is everything else than a Dr. Dre mix. But that's not what this remake is about, the remake is there only to show the notes and where they are placed so everyone can try it for himself and everyone can decide how close he wants to get to the orginial with sounds and mixing.

BTW Sry for calling you a hater lol, I was just making fun of you. ;)

rocsta said:
Ok now I see what you mean lol. I thought you mean the strings or guitar, but wouldn't have expected that you mean the drums. Well I have to admit that that threw me off too when I first saw it. But I just compared the FL project with the original. (You can download the FL project from the download section of that site in my sig).
Just compare it to yourself if you have FL or if not try it with the demo. In Da Club has a specific *groove* and you can here this specific groove in the remake. Try to place the clap in the FL project on the 5 and 13 (like you said) and then shift the shakers 1 dot to the left so that they are normal, it sounds very awkward and not even close to the original, the groove I was talking about went away. And then place everything like it was and the groove is there again. You can't fail to hear this specific groove man, it's a "tica-tic-tac, tica-tic-tac...".

I know what the groove is, and it is NOT that the clap is moved to the right, its the kick that is moved to the left. the kick dont go on the 1, it starts on the 16 from the previous bar.

orjanbeats said:
I know what the groove is, and it is NOT that the clap is moved to the right, its the kick that is moved to the left. the kick dont go on the 1, it starts on the 16 from the previous bar.
It dosn't matter what you shift, it's still the same the groove doesn't change. You can't prove it that your version is the right version. The one says the kick is shifted the other says it's the clap and shakers. It doesn't matter in the end. The signatur is still 4/4 and it sounds the same whatever you shift, you can't prove what Dr. Dre *really* did.

relax guys

i think the those tutorials are good for somebody completly new to see how beats are made on the example of big hits. so no hate for that video from me.

but i dont think its only some deep strings for the low melody , thats what i am curious about , what you think this sound is exactly stacked of ?

Domi

orjanbeats said:
Here Mr. I Know Everything Better. Look at that picture, I layered the original version with the warbeats version by NFX to the original BPM. You can clearly see that the kick is not shifted to the previous bar as you said. And it is not "off" it is on point and he made a good job. As you can see he was right as he said the clap and shakers are shifted. The clap is on the 6 and 14. And you were wrong the whole time!

InDaClub_shifting-comparision_small.jpg

And *here* is the FL Project of both versions layered if you don't believe the picture. You can play both versions at the same time they will sound synchronous.

Back