Changing tempos of samples without changing the pitch

StanleySteamer

Hey guys, as the title says I'm having trouble with changing the tempo of a sample. Basically I have a sample that I like and I take the loop and I loop it on recycle before i put in into Maschine. However, I can't seem to get it to sound right if I speed it up on either of them. It makes the samples cut short or cut long or whatever if I try to slow or speed up a sample/ The sample it's self is around 90 lets say I want it to be around 75 how can I do that without changing the pitch of the sample? I have tried time stretching but it makes my sample sound weird and funny afterwards.

Go into sampling mode and find the 'stretch' function. Press 'settings'. It should show the current bpm of the sample and allow you to change bpm to desired. Press 'apply' and your done.

And to be honest... I'd just chop ('slice' on Maschine) the sample in Maschine... It's very good for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chop the sample in smaller parts ... if its a really complicated sample with drums and diffirent instruments its gonna be a lot harder . Im not a big fan of stretchig samples but thats just my opinion PZ

if you slow things down a lot, like this, without changing the pitch it comes out weird sounding a lot. you may have to get a bit crazy or it may not work at all. by getting crazy i mean figuring out ways to possibly avoid timestretching completely and chopping differently. or maybe figuring out the sounds that are most affected by the timestretching (like drums for example) and cutting them out of your chops before timestretching. or you could try the smaller chops way mentioned previously. sometimes it just won't work though and then you might have to settle for a different tempo, replay whatever you can, or move on to the next beat.
i know some timestretching softwares are better than others. for example, i didn't like logics timestretching at all and only use twistedwave exclusively for timestretching, so you may want to look into something like that... just a thought

if you using fruity loops, what i do is first change the pitch a lil bit from 100. then change the time stretch to whatever you want, then change the pitch BACK to 100. then the tempo should be where you want with the pitch where you want.

My bad lol ... find the tempo and timestretch ... which is probably explained already just have to bounce once you find the original tempo.

Back