Can someone help me with this KICK?

iProduceMusic

Ok i have this kick and I like how it hits and everything....But there is a cymbal on it and I am trying to eliminate the cymbal sound from it. Ive tried taking out all the hi end. I am using fruity loops and acid can anyone give me some advice on how i can take away this cymbal sound from the kick. Thanks

http://www*z s h a r e*net/audio/58332386df86e62f/

change the * to .

Last edited:
i've tried before...unless you have that cymbal alone in the beat and use noise reduction from that profile, good luck...that probably wont even work...idunno, noise reduction is hit n miss...maybe find a cymbal similar and try what i just said...if not just layer ur own cymbal over it to hide it, yadadamean?

sEvEN Productions said:
i've tried before...unless you have that cymbal alone in the beat and use noise reduction from that profile, good luck...that probably wont even work...idunno, noise reduction is hit n miss...maybe find a cymbal similar and try what i just said...if not just layer ur own cymbal over it to hide it, yadadamean?

He doesn't want to change the cymbal to a different one, he wants to get rid of it so it's not on top of his kick drum.

To the OP, wish I could be of more help, but I have no clue.

well for one you can filter out the highs just enough to your liking... then take another kick and filter out the lows and layer it on top so you have a whole new top end for your kick...

I.G. The Actt said:
well for one you can filter out the highs just enough to your liking... then take another kick and filter out the lows and layer it on top so you have a whole new top end for your kick...

best adice...take it, run with it...
theres not gonna be away that will simply take a sound out of recording,....

Inverted314 said:
He doesn't want to change the cymbal to a different one, he wants to get rid of it so it's not on top of his kick drum.

I think what Seven was referring to is using a similar cymbal to place in opposite phase to cancel the cymbal out that is sitting on the kick he wants... Is that what you were getting at Seven? But like he said it's still kinda hit or miss...

Inverted314 said:

i know, he finds a cymbal like it, gets a noise profile from that, then use that noise profile to try to eliminate the old cymbal from the kick

my suggestions just get a new kick, **** you can make any kick sound good

vaboi said:
I think what Seven was referring to is using a similar cymbal to place in opposite phase to cancel the cymbal out that is sitting on the kick he wants... Is that what you were getting at Seven? But like he said it's still kinda hit or miss...

i dont know what phasing is, but i think we are thinking the same way if not the same thing

Last edited:
I think your best bet is if you try and Eq as much you can and like some body else said, "use a gate" this can help a lot if you know what your doing. It's probably not possible to totally remove the cymbal but you could reduce it quite a lot. Also, play with the sidechain in your gate if its got one.

Back