Best Place To Dig

here in kentucky the best thing to do is wait for the state antique fair in nashville tennesse. people bring MAD records out there. guys be the with like 200 crates of stuff. and nothin is usually over 4 dollars.

Used book stores.

I always find high quality rare records at used bookstores.

Nobody ever buys 'em so there's usually a lot of good records hiding out in there.

CD warehous has some records too. they are in the back at the one here in clarksville, tennessee. theres like 400 or 500 records there. they got alot of rock, soul, funk, and hip hop.

We have one record store in the Sault that carries old rock lps..thats basically it haha

They do carry the odd funk/soul/jazz record that I'll pick up at my weekly visit lol. But after Thursday they only have rock, cuz I've been there lol.

Most of the time tho I just go to various thrift shops around town finding weird stuff to add to my small but growing collection.

www.craigslist.org
^^^
Area exclusive, but sometimes you can find some really good deals. I found an ad for a lady with a sweet-ass collection. I usually hit her up like once a month now.

And for those hard to find records...

www.gemm.com

Sometimes they can be pricey, but if you can't find it anywhere else, what are you gonna do?

Peace!

I can't give away the most reliable source I've found. But theres a spot here off 1960 called Half Price Books that usually has some nice records at fair prices.

thrift stores, down here they got this huge ass record store called blue note records...

everybody know about it but they have crazy amounts of records...

They charge $$$$ though

garage sales are good places to look...

**** even the library got records sometimes...

peace

only place ive gotten records from so far is the Record Exchange. im goin today yall after work. i cant wait.

Anybody in the DFW area should check out this place off 360 called Forever Young. 1,000's of records over there, all kinda shyt.

KomplexBeats said:
**** even the library got records sometimes...

Damn, I never even thought of that. I know the local library has CD's you can check out, but I never thought of asking if they had LP's...

Good lookin' Komplex.

:cheers:

my favorite spot around here is a place called A2D music. Anyone in Tacoma its on the eastside on pacific and 68th i believe. its on pacific ave i know for a fact across the street from movies and more up the block from the Fred Myer the got everything from vinyl to cassettes and players and vhs tapes everything a sampler could want hes a bit pricey but nobody shops there so he always got interesting **** lol

Xabiton said:
my favorite spot around here is a place called A2D music. Anyone in Tacoma its on the eastside on pacific and 68th i believe. its on pacific ave i know for a fact across the street from movies and more up the block from the Fred Myer the got everything from vinyl to cassettes and players and vhs tapes everything a sampler could want hes a bit pricey but nobody shops there so he always got interesting **** lol

I've never been there, but do you know that area pretty well, X?

I got a friend that lives down in Spanaway, and I'd smash down Pacific Ave to get to his house and I alawys noticed a little DJ shop right on Pacific. I can't remember the cross street, but it wasn't too far off of 512. I never got around to stopping in there, though. You know what I'm talking about Xabiton? I don't even know if they carry vinyl or not.

u talkin bout that spot in parkland by the mcdonalds ive been there once but it was before i was samplin place smelled like **** so i never went back lol where r u from we need to hook up do some music maybe

Xabiton said:
place smelled like **** so i never went back lol

lol

Thats funny. Thats exactly what that place looks like from the outside. One of those cluttered old stores run by a fat-ass mofo that never leaves the counter except to drive a block away to get some more McD's.

Yeah, I don't think I'll bother with that place...

"only place ive gotten records from so far is the Record Exchange. im goin today yall after work. i cant wait."

where u at man? we got those around here too, in portalnd OR. i didnt know how big a chain that is...

usually i go to the everyday music by my house.... they have a lot of good stuff sometimes. depends what day you go on.

jay_jizle said:

lol

Thats funny. Thats exactly what that place looks like from the outside. One of those cluttered old stores run by a fat-ass mofo that never leaves the counter except to drive a block away to get some more McD's.

Yeah, I don't think I'll bother with that place...
char_comicbook.jpg

except i think he has his mcd delivered

Last edited:
Back