Bass Lines on MPC 2000...or any MPC really...

kuntakente88

wussup yall...quick question...where do you MPC users usually get your bassline samples from.... I don't mean the Low End Theory... I mean like do you guys usually get like a one note bass line and then just spread it out through out the pads using "16 Levels" or something like that? I mean like really going at it raw LOL... No Sound Module or anything like that... I get my drums from Drum Breaks and then I just chop them up and that's how I get my Kicks, Snares, Hi Hats, and other Percussion from Drum Breaks and Vynil. Heres my problem... If I have a Loop, then I usually just do a Low End Theory Bass Line.... BUT, when I chop up a sample completly, there's really no way in doing a Low End Theory because the sample is all chopped up... SO, heres my question... how you guys get your Bass Line without a keyboard, sound module, low end theory???????? I would appreciate any help, or if you are willing to donate some Bass samples I would GREATLY appreciate it an I would be willing to help out in whatever anyone needs help with....Thanks in advance, hope to hear from someone soon.

thats what i do, ill find a bass note, usually on like on C major, put it on 16 levels, and make magic...cant do that now with busted pads though but. hit me up on my AIM if u need some bass notes ProphecyBeatz88

dig in the crates, usually jazz or rock has open bass a lot. filter one note down, tune it to your beat, 16 level it, rock it

I usually get one dope bass note and spread it out using 16 levels.
If that becomes a bit too grimey or starts sounding messed up I'll try and gather a few notes and mess with it from there.

All in all I find bass the hardest part of my beat making, both with programming a good pattern as well as getting it to sit nicely.

I've been thinking about buying a basic / cheap bass guitar as of late to start doing some proper bass. Check out Red Spyda's video on youtube of him in the studio. He's rocking that bass like a mofo

Crates, Or Find A Bass Player!!!!!!!!!! Its Not Hard. Go To A Church With A Jammin Bass Player, You'll Be Surprised Who'll Reach Out To You, Thats What I Did.

Back