The Avalanches

Awake

JOSH GROOVES
I know its a late pass but I just discovered these guys. If you haven't checked them out they make some great sampled music. They had 3,500 samples on their "Since I Left You" album.

Last edited:
oh shit! thanks for this... i remember seeing this years ago on mtv...!! this video is one ****ing trip!! :D jesus! drum break on it is dope as hell

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

wait, 3500 samples on one album? those dudes are one some creative shit... i cant help but appreciate that

i ****ing love the avalanches, they are one of my favorite groups of all time, their sampling is so complex, check out electricity by them, they truly are dope

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

i just hope sombody here doesnt try and go sample the avalanches directly now that they see this post, thatll make me angry for sure haha, especially if they dont do justice to it

Yo.. I never heard bout them, but good lookin on this.. I love producers/Djs... Like these guys. I just got there album after this thread. One of my favorite..IDK why, but is the rob swift album "The Ablist"... "all that scratchin is makin me rich!!!" Sick tune. Thnx

That's real art. Thanks for posting this, will check their album.

checkin out their album now...ish promises to be hot

how cum i never heard of these cats

Ya, I don't know why they haven't put out more albums. Its really amazing. Its perfect for warm summer days.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

[video=youtube;opfG9Yn-ov8&]video[/video]

Right up my alley!

You guys should check out The Books and Hifana too. The Books do a similar but incredible thing with loads of spoken word samples and their own string instruments, like some audio-visual film and Hifana make crazy electronic collage, using mainly electronics, building up something that sounds like loads of hyper-ballad sound bytes.

Back