Anyone know of a way to detect identical waveforms?

tomcwhite

Hello,

I am looking for a software I can install on my PC that will search and detect audio files of different formats(.wav, mp3, etc.) that have identical portions of a given waveform.

Basically what I want to do is to determine between my two folders; "To sample" and "Sampled" what audio files I have already sampled without sampling the same audio twice.

I have over 100 samples in my "Sampled" folder and just want to find a way to detect if a file on my computer exists containing a partially identical waveform.(by partially I mean it will be of much less duration than my original sample but have have part of the original waveform nonetheless).

At the moment I have a software called "Similarity" installed, and that did not give me the results I was after.

If anybody knows a way to accomplish this through "Similarity" or another software or technique that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Last edited:
There is something used in the film/video industry called "Plural Eyes," that I believes detects the same waveforms for audio syncing purposes. You might be able to adapt it for your use.

GJ

But, we'll probably never see the OP again, as he has already "asked his one question."

:(

GJ

Back