Another question.

A

A2k

I got this song I want to sample but there are like no clean spots to sample because theirs either drums or vocals so I was wondering if there's a way around this or how I could work with it.

Meh I'll just tell you the sample:

Commodores - Just to be Close to You.

dont sample that. its too well known. and you cant get rid of the drums. either just try and filter them out by taking out the bass and what not, and you can use the vocals. if you dont like what its sayin or dont want them in and you cant get the instruments without the vocals, then dont use the sample. but you should be able to take sounds out of it. maybe not to loop it. but get some little sounds like a guitar lick or string or brass hit.

Well I already sampled it with part of the voices in it because I was gonna use it for the chorus and I was looking for a clean part.

I'll try another song. Thanks for the help.

homie. if you cant find a clean part then theres no around it. you can try to eq the best you can but you're pretty much SOL.

so what if there are drums i say embrace them just compress that sucker and half of ur work is done for u u could also run a copy of the sequence thru a low pass filter and compress that and keep a regular one goin on top of it so it just sounds harder but its still the same sample

I dunno what you call this technique but sometimes there's a very dirty way to get unwanted sounds partly out, but the piece you're sampling from needs to be in stereo. Now if the sound you want is in stereo then the unwanted sounds need to be mono, or vise-versa.

Sound Forge has a channel conversion effect ("Use difference between channels") that will remove most of the mono and leave you with the "stereo difference" (in mono. if the orignal was a single sound processed into stereo, you can process it back again if you want to.)

I guess what it does is apply (100% mix) one inverted channel to the other non-inverted channel, and vise-versa, cancelling any mono sound. So if it's the mono sound you want, you can apply that stereo difference as-is (it's already inverted) to each channel in the original and at least one channel might be left with mainly the mono sound. You might not notice the artifacts once it's in your mix anyway.

Last edited:
Back