Akai Mpd16

sircee

anyone use this thing? i was wonderin if i can get some reviews from the wonderful people of FP forums.

i bought the mpd16 but the software i have on my labtop is too new. I couldn't get it to work so now i am stuck with it, thanks turntable lab! but i am sure if i got it to work it would be sweet. plus i have heard some great reviews about it.

It's great. It works very well - It does exactly what it's supposed to do..a nice cheap simple way to emulate the MPC drumpads. I just picked up a 60 tho, and I no longer need it. $65 plus shipping and it's yours :). PM me.

yea it a nice peice, i use it for my drums and if your using fl u can basically make your own drum kits and save them on the fpc, good stuff

dubsamba74 said:
i bought the mpd16 but the software i have on my labtop is too new. I couldn't get it to work so now i am stuck with it, thanks turntable lab! but i am sure if i got it to work it would be sweet. plus i have heard some great reviews about it.

what software is that? ive never heard it doing that on anything unless you have maybe linux. ive even seen it hooked up on Windows Vista.

Last edited:
its awesome...esp. for 100 bucks or whatever it is now...def. a big time help with the FPC...id def. recommend gettin it if youre lookin to get into doin drums live rather than just usin the sequencer...

make sure you hook it up via midi, usb sucks....Midi is much better, its more smooth and your hits are on time(no delays)

man, i jsut bought an ibook pro and when i plug it into my comp it doesn't even come up. i tried to load it with the disc but that didnt work. I run with reason and i cant get it to show up there either. If anyone knows how to hook it up or anything please help me out. all it is doing right now is collecting dust in my closet.

Yeah I love the thing. It makes recording drums so much quicker and you can play around with ideas a lot easier. I just record my drums in FL and edit them a lil to make them perfectly timed.

i thought i was the only one having trouble with this thing...haha guess not. it didn't show up on my pc for some reason, but on my desktop it works perfectly fine. It is great in my eyes, but i would just love if it would work on my pc.

Hey Infamous- J....how would i go about connecting my MPD to my labtop via midi ?

Last edited:
MPD16 on mac

yo. ive had the same problem with the unit man. i can get it to work fine on my PC but it just wont work on my ibook which is where i need it.

has anyone actually solved the problem if so let me no please cos its just sittin here doin nothing.

EV

is it possible to use fl studio and the mpd to chop up samples and assign them to pads on it like you can on an mpc? and i dont mean chop it up in some other program and then do it, i mean have it automatically chop it into equal parts like an mpc can do. or if you could just have it so the FL slicer works with the mpd so instead of using those keys you just use the pads on the MPD with the slicer.

sorry if that was kinda confusin, i'm not too good at explaining things lol

fam, i was thinkin the same thing, i was tryin to assign different sample slices to each pad but having a little trouble. plus for some reason with fpc, my pad 1 and 6 keep playin the same sound. anyone else have this problem?

KonTrackKilla said:
fam, i was thinkin the same thing, i was tryin to assign different sample slices to each pad but having a little trouble. plus for some reason with fpc, my pad 1 and 6 keep playin the same sound. anyone else have this problem?

you have to use midi learn on everypad you use to get it to play that corresponding pad. just scroll down to LRN and hit the pad and there you have it.

i have the mpd24 and it' pretty good, I kinda bought inot the hype a little bit - you really can do all the same things with a keyboard

check my battle in the link below

This thing SUCKS, the pads are pad, Even if u increase the sensitivity, It is no way neer the pads on the Mpc 2000 1000 500 4000 **** even a 8800 if they made one, I recomend NOT to buy this..

Get A Midi Interface For Your Laptop. I Pci Audio/midi Card Be Better The Card Will Be Inside Your Laptop So You Ain't Got To Carry Around A Interface And You Laptop. Going To To The Same Thing Here I'm Getting A New Motherboard For This Pent 4 Laptop And Installing A Nice Audio/midi Pci Card And Link It Up With My Desktop. It's Going To Be A Power House Because Botht The Laptop And The Desktop Have Pent 4 Processors Desktop 2 Gigs Of Ram And The Laptop 512 But Soon 2 Gigs Too.

i got it. I have had it for quite some time now. its 100 bucks, but you can get it cheaper on ebay. Its very good, can be used with almost anything, and the pads are nice and soft. I recommend it.

I have the MPD24. I like it a lot. One poster said that he bought into the hype on these, when a keyboard can be the same thing. Sure, another midi controller can do the same thing, but not with the feel of the pads. I love my MPD24 and so do my friends...

Back