Ableton vs. Maschine FOR sampling

I used Ableton for about 2 years and when I got Maschine, I found it difficult to use it, though this is based purely on my expertise on software and my lack of experience with the software. However, it depends purely on what you find comfortable. If you want to use Maschine to slice your samples and Ableton for the mixing and audio effects...then so be it!

Maschine is more about the super fast and hands-on, mouse free workflow. If you don't mind clicking around menus with a mouse on computer screens to make music (which is the case even if you use MIDI controllers), then you could just stick with Live. Maschine's advantage is that it feels like using hardware because you don't even have to look at the computer. Nothing I've tried comes as close to Maschine for the speed and ease of chopping and mangling samples.

This is just what I needed, I love the idea that I can quickly load up a sample and work with it on the maschine rather then on the computer. Makes everything seem more Hip-Hop and fun.

im a long time ableton user and just purchased a maschine and i love the workflow of both of them together its amazing i dont think i could have asked for anything better

Back