Your shit will never sound like the pros. UNLESS YOU ARE A PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaiBobble

fghhjhjhjjjj
It is that way because they know all about the shit and you dont. Plus if youre a producer dont get upset. Pro producers barely mix unless they want a sound to sound a certain way. They just pass the shit off to their engineer when they finish the production.

Your job is to produce not engineer.

Yes you can help and guide your engineer but they usually just let him do him or her because they know whats best.

With that being said fuck engineering lmao.

Logic seems to be better then fl studio too in the pro level.

Londononthetrack uses it and said once he moved on from fl and learned logic in fullsail u is when the shit started becoming serious.

Last edited:
But not because they are still superior to any other major DAW.

Well... university teaches you logic, and pro-tools.... Logic has endless routing and signal chaining possibilities, as does Pro-Tools...

Pro-Tools can snap audio to grid and do all sorts of other cool shit that no other DAW can do.... Logic almost can do the same...

Fruity Loops.... Bullshit.... load of shit....(IMO)

Ableton.... funny little hack program, that I don't particularly care for....

Reason.... Good for slaving and re-wiring through Logic.....

Nuendo..... Not bad, has also many opportunities for signal paths to follow....

Cubase.... Not really a fan, though has been round since atari.....

Orion..... My favorite, does everything an in the box producer needs to do... not really that great for external inputs etc...

Logic and Pro-Tools... IMO are far superiour to any DAW on the market, simply for the depth and opportunities the DAW's offer... no other DAW's come close to what possibilities those DAW's allow to the learned user...

Well... university teaches you logic, and pro-tools.... Logic has endless routing and signal chaining possibilities, as does Pro-Tools...

Pro-Tools can snap audio to grid and do all sorts of other cool shit that no other DAW can do.... Logic almost can do the same...

Fruity Loops.... Bullshit.... load of shit....(IMO)

Ableton.... funny little hack program, that I don't particularly care for....

Reason.... Good for slaving and re-wiring through Logic.....

Nuendo..... Not bad, has also many opportunities for signal paths to follow....

Cubase.... Not really a fan, though has been round since atari.....

Orion..... My favorite, does everything an in the box producer needs to do... not really that great for external inputs etc...

Logic and Pro-Tools... IMO are far superiour to any DAW on the market, simply for the depth and opportunities the DAW's offer... no other DAW's come close to what possibilities those DAW's allow to the learned user...

Ahhhh where do I start there are SOOOOOOO many flaws in your post.
Let me just say this, you lack a lot of knowledge of DAWS.

Just by you saying Pro Tools and Logic are "Industry Standard" is laughable.
Your comment on Reason and Ableton alone shows you don't know much.

My advice learn more.

Last edited:
This is so much bullshit

1. I've seen mix engineers work on one of zucchero (basicly the best itanian singer out there) albums produces recorded and mixed in FL (there is not a thing as industry standerd...)

2. there are many mix engineers who like to show what they do and explain you so even if you are not a pro you can sound like one (seamless is the most famous but think about Owen Palmer from Computer Music)

your vision of the music industry is clearly and completly wrong...

IDK what to say...

lol.... okay.... I was talking about industry standard recording software...as in, the real shit.. It was my opinion in the DAW's.. And the fact is, Pro-Tools, can connect to a desk... and analogue desk.. each channel can be routed to the analogue channel... then the signal can be processed by analogue compressors, eq's, reverbs, etc etc etc....

Fruity Loops.. cannot be routed to an analogue desk, Fruity loops has like 'inputs' from the audio interface you have....

Pro-Tools is industry standard for every proper Recording Studio that uses high end analogue gear... Logic can also route to analogue, and be mixed through analogue desks...

No options for those routing or mixing possibilities in FL, Reason, Ableton... etc etc... They are all trapped, 'in the box'.

Anyway... I am not going to argue with you guys... What is the point.... You all know better, it would be hilarious, that any reputable studio was running FL for its interface and recording.... Maybe do some research on what the Pro's actually use.... like the real studio's....

When it comes to different DAW sequencers, they have slightly different latency performance when combined with various audio interfaces, the difference in performance increases typically with the combination of lower sample rate and newer version of the software (lower sample rate and newer version typically yields higher latency, which is where the audio degradation is), hence the difference in audio quality. When you combine a particular audio interface with a particular DAW sequencer you can for instance at 44.1 kHz sample rate have some sequencers with half the amount of latency as some other ones, in other words it is not only determined by the sample rate and version but also by which DAW sequencer you use (Logic, Ableton, Pro Tools...). So it is important to have the latency figures of the particular combination of audio interface, sequencer (+version) and sample rate, that is what it all boils down to, that is such a critical aspect of your sound because a beautiful stereo image is the hallmark of a great sounding mix. This can be a trade off between sample rate, feature support and audio quality, because older versions of DAW software tend to have a bit better latency performance. Hence why it is kind of a mystery what DAW software many pros use, they simply use a particular older version of a particular DAW sequencer that has a rarely low latency when it is combined with a specific audio interface. Again, because they create the bulk of the quality before the first A/D and then they primarily want minimal sound degradation afterwards. Key here is to be precise, you need to know this stuff in precise terms, we are talking a few ms in difference and you cannot guess, you need to know in precise terms. But this is stuff you should be particularly careful about, your choice of DAW sequencer, DAW sequencer version, DAW sample rate and DAW audio interface is incredibly important, it is kind of like a quality factor on the rest of your production. Keep in mind also that the signal capacity of the audio interface is even more important, because that basically determines the entire contents of the audio waveform. So you want first of all ensure you have great signal capacity in your audio interface, secondly that you then combine that with the right DAW sequencer, DAW sequencer version and DAW sample rate, for optimal latency performance. Those two decisions are crucial to a great sounding final master. (unfortunately the clock stability is absolutely key too and this is where it starts becoming quite expensive)

And then unfortunately there are aspects about various DAW software you cannot fully predict, for instance memory leaks in particular configurations that gradually build up latency inside of the DAW session. So the final performance of a particular DAW solution is essentially determined by your engineering skills and the level of access to the required resources. Either you are able to find the information or you have to produce it yourself. But this is many times what pros do, they dig very deeply into the details and acquire the information they need in order to achieve the optimal performance. Become friends with this kind of stuff, it might appear boring, expensive and time consuming, but it is essential.

Last edited:
Every DAW is industry standard and no DAW is inherently inferior or superior as all DAWs have strengths and weaknesses.

The AES would be very interested in your paper on latency and how it effects stereo imaging.
However, I'm inclined to think that neither you, I, or anyone else could tell the difference between a track recorded on Sonar, and one recorded on Pro Tools (or, pick your choice of DAWs-- Cubase, Logic, Reason, Reaper, Audacity, or even FL Studio or GarageBand)... Just listening of course, no other input, and also given that all tracks were recorded at the same sample and bit rate.

GJ

Last edited:
The AES would be very interested in your paper on latency and how it effects stereo imaging.

I can't tell if this is a respectful way to start a reply or the most clever dismissal of an overblown point I have ever seen.
[insert slow-clap image]
I think we're confusing or combining what you choose to make music in and what software(s) is "best" for mixing/mastering.

Terms like industry standard means what?
1) What's used the most?
2) Unanimously thought of as top level?
3) Quality above a certain threshold level?

Most of what gets tossed around are stems (audio clips of your session)
There is no attempt to match DAWs between 'what made the stems' and whatever platform the agent is using to create the final mix/master. So no one cares what you made your beatz on.

So why is anyone interested in going back and forth over this?

Last edited:
This is the most ridiculous post lol. Have you not heard some of the crap that winds up on the Billboard?

I know tons of guys with better material than a lot of the superpowers that swarm radio but because they're not popular they'll never see the light of day. It is no longer about what you use but how did you come about making it in today's music world. The only people that care are the creators and we make a very small group.

I'm not popular but I'm a pro. I guarantee that I could make a hit record if I had the right funding. I've been getting praise from DJs for years and still do. If that's not a pro then I don't know what is.

Last edited:
This is the most ridiculous post lol. Have you not heard some if the crap that winds up on the Billboard?

I know tons of guys with better material than a lot of the superpowers that swarm radio but because they're not popular they'll never see the light of day. It is no longer about what you use but how did you come about making it in today's music world. The only people that care are the creators and we make a very small group.

I'm not popular but I'm a pro. I guarantee that I could make a hit record if I had the right funding. I've been getting praise from DJs for years and still do. If that's not a pro then I don't know what is.

Make me a beat.
Mix It.
Send It To Me.
Let Me reocrd a Track.
Send It To You.
Mix it
Then Lets Become Famous and wealthy.

what a funny post... 1. mike dean uses ableton, that's kanye's producer/engineer/ touring guitarist. 2. i can pull up fl studio, make a banging beat, then pull up ableton or logic and make the same exact beat sound the exact same way which shows that all daws are the same for the most part, its the person using it. 3. producers SHOULD worry about mixing their beats, especially if you're sending your beats out to labels or a&rs to get placed.. if they hear an unmixed beat they are going to pass that shit. i think thats what sets me apart from a lot of producers, my mixdowns are clean as fuck, i make the beat crystal clear before it even gets to an artist or an engineer, that way the engineer barely has to do anything to the beat. i barely ever get asked for stems because of how good i mixdown my beats and if i do get asked for stems its for arrangement purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back